Why no 4K Video offered for GN4 on YouTube??

Sonnydigs

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
The highest resolution my GN4 can get on YouTube is 720P..
At least on the GN3 I have, I am offered 1080P...
Have looked and tried several fixes but none work..
Seems that there are some people with the GN4 have 1440 available in the drop down YouTube menu and the rest of us are only offered 720P as the highest resolution.....
Anyone experiencing this, or have any thoughts on it????

AlfieBriggs

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
There are multiple threads I followed a few and they worked, just search it and follow the instructions very closely.

Posted via my amazing Note 4 paired with my Moto360

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I did some research and found a solution that worked for me. I did not discover this. Uninstall the update, force stop the app, clear data and clear cache. Then open the app and log out of it. Search for 1440p video and check and see if you have the option for 1080 or 1440. If not, repeat the force stop, clear data and clear cache again. I had to do it several times but I got it to work and have 1080 and 1440. It's a bit finicky. When you watch a video sometimes it'll be a lower resolution but give it time to automatically change to 1080 or 1440. Hope that helps.

41Pixels

May 13, 2014
Visit site
Just tried exactly as you said to do, video looks decent, but when I click the three dots to see my options, still only giving me 720p max res option.... re-did the same routine, and still only allowing me 720p. Very disappointing.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Just tried exactly as you said to do, video looks decent, but when I click the three dots to see my options, still only giving me 720p max res option.... re-did the same routine, and still only allowing me 720p. Very disappointing.
Same here.

The opinions expressed in this post may lack merit due to my constant state of delirium. Any information or opinions offered could be a direct result of sleep deprivation, alcohol, or atypical poster's aggravation syndrome. Believe at your risk.

Torch4x4

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I was following those instructions of uninstalling and reinstalling/updating few days ago with no luck, but today I just opened a video and is showing 1440p, don't know what happened I didn't changed anything, cool.

41Pixels

May 13, 2014
Visit site
Certainly not blaming you or mad at you in any way dragonsamus. I appreciate any and all help at trying to acquire a higher resolution and I appreciate your input for sure!

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm hoping that the higher resolutions are turned on for me soon as well.

The opinions expressed in this post may lack merit due to my constant state of delirium. Any information or opinions offered could be a direct result of sleep deprivation, alcohol, or atypical poster's aggravation syndrome. Believe at your own risk.

Jason

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Probably best to search for that video from the YouTube app instead of the link I left.. It didn't go past 720p when I checked it

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
It was in 720p for me too.

The opinions expressed in this post may lack merit due to my constant state of delirium. Any information or opinions offered could be a direct result of sleep deprivation, alcohol, or atypical poster's aggravation syndrome. Believe at your own risk.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I was able to watch it in 1440.
Did you do anything special to achieve that?

leerandall

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
Did you do anything special to achieve that?

No, I just clicked on the link, which took me to the YouTube application and I just played it, then selected the 1440 mode.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2