Questionable WiFi Behavior AND SMS/MMS Delay

akutch34

Trusted Member
May 26, 2011
Visit site
Problem: I split my time between two houses. I currently have a Galaxy Note 4 with the following issues. (I previously had a Galaxy S5 with the same problems.)

House #01: At my primary house, my phone works flawlessly on either WiFi or 4G. I can use either with zero problems. The only issue at this house is that usually text messages (both sms & mms) are majorly delayed or I just don't get them at all until I leave the neighborhood. Phone shows full bars/almost full bars so that is a mystery. Wifi is strong and zero problems streaming or using any app. Do not have that problem anywhere else. Happens regardless of if I'm on WiFi or 4G.

House #02: At this house, I cannot use 4G or any network for that matter. This house is near the state park and the reception on almost every carrier is barely usable. My phone automatically logs into the WiFi network at this house when in arrive. I have no trouble using WiFi to stream music, use chrome browser, text, WiFi call, Snapchat, etc. However, I cannot use the Facebook app or Instagram app. At all. If I open them, they just continuously say "loading" but never refresh or load. If I manually pull down to refresh on Facebook, I get the "no network, try again" error. This totally baffles be because, aside from those two apps, everything else works. I am cross posting this to Questions category as well.

Any thoughts/suggestions are welcome & appreciated! Thanks, Happy Holidays! 🎉🍷

akutch34

Trusted Member
May 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I only cross posted it in case there were readers who wouldn't see it in the GN4 thread that might have an answer.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sure, no problem! Usually, when I see duplicates like this, I'll answer one, then post a redirect on the other, just so that anyone else who wants to contribute will do so in the same thread.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc