Sounds comes from the speaker while the earphones are connected..

Cartigo

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
i just bought my galaxy note 4, everything was fine until i tried to connect my earphones..
music, games and animations all come out from the earphones normally, but notifications and ringtones (when someone is calling, the ringtone comes out from both the speaker and the earphones, but when answering his voice is only heared in the earphones) are coming out from both the speaker and the earphones

is it something normal in all the note 4's? or is it related to settings? do i have to replace it with another?

Note: it does show that my earphones are connected when i connect them..
waiting for answers...

Last edited:

Cartigo

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
hmm, well i tested on my friend's galaxy s5, seems like all of them are that way.
is there anyway to change that in the settings?

Axr6

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
You did not mention if your earphones are connected by Bluetooth?

I also just purchased my Note4 less than two weeks ago and had issues with the phone speaker/connected Bluetooth (car) combinations. I did discover that in this case when I went to Settings/Bluetooth and clicked on my paired device (car) I had a couple of check options; 1) Call audio, 2) Media audio. When the phone pairs up with the car, both options get selected by default, meaning that both the phone speaker AND the Bluetooth device speaker will activate. Try turning them off, one of the time to see if it changes your present configurations. In my case by both being checked by default, the phone got confused while paired to the car and, at the same time, trying to use Google Maps for voice navigation. The voice kept cutting in and out, because of the default options. When I deselected Media audio, all worked fine; I get the car audio on calls, and also get the phone speakers work for voice nav.

Cartigo

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
thnx for ur reply,
but in case it was connected by cable?
is there anyway to set it that every single sound would come only from the earphones

Axr6

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
So, you are NOT talking about Bluetooth connection but, direct wired headphone connections. I just tried that and had my wife call my number while I was listening to music with my wired headphones. It rang through the phone's speakers but her voice was only audible in the headphone and NOT through the phone's speakers.

jairusz

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
It's meant to do that in case you set your phone down somewhere with a wired headset still connected so you're able to still hear alarm and call, and notification sounds. Only media sounds will remain connected to the earphones. It's like that on every phone I've purchased in the last two years.

Cartigo

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
oh thnx people, i think the reason for my ignorance is because of my iphones 4s (which wasn't acting the same way) that i had for the past 3-4 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs