Google play music question

Goosty

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
So I took advantage of the 3 free months of Google play music with my new chromecast. I noticed that when playing it doesn't show up in the notification bar like Pandora nor does it show as an icon on the top of the screen. It is on the lock screen. Looked in the settings but couldnt find anything. Is this normal or am I missing something?

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I think that's just the way it works. The 'beauty' of Chromecast is that you're not actually using your phone to do the streaming. The app is running on Chromecast and doing the streaming on Chromecast. The app is not really running in your phone (which lets you use your phone for whatever else you want), but you do have a degree of control over what plays on the Chromecast.

Goosty

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
The problem is it doesn't show it when I'm not even using chromecast. I haven't used Google play music before so didn't know if this is the norm.

cvail

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I have the same experience with play music. I added a widget at one point, but I think that was then keeping music kind of active and draining my battery, so I dropped it.

I just got used to it being like this.

Goosty

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
You may want to reinstall the app because it should show up in your notification

How would I reinstall? It only gives me the option to disable.

Edit: Nevermind it works now! Thanks!! Now I can remove the widget. I think it was affecting my battery life as well.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21