After root :(

rmadrid20

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I used twrp method and my note is acting weird also is laggy as hell, I'm typing and the letters don't show up, I swipe a page and doesn't do it just after 2-3 seconds, I click on an app and doesn't open right away, downloads in the Google play store take forever, can't connect with my moto360, etc, etc, I guess something didn't go as planned

makie

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
That kinda sucks, maybe try again and follow the right steps? Head over to XDA..

You lost your warranty by rooting, so you can't bring it back to samsung

Posted via the Android Central App

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
That kinda sucks, maybe try again and follow the right steps? Head over to XDA..

You lost your warranty by rooting, so you can't bring it back to samsung

This is one reason I wouldn't root a Samsung phone. That and with the Note 4 it is really not much of a benefit.

makie

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
This is one reason I wouldn't root a Samsung phone. That and with the Note 4 it is really not much of a benefit.

I've rooted my old Samsung galaxy s+ back in the days, but I'm not going to root this note 4. I would flash roms on all my other phones I've owned, but just won't on the note! I need those s pen features otherwise Its just a massive phone..

rmadrid20

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Well I need it root so I can control my stereo and some other things, also I don't care about the warranty you can go to any store and they don't even checked if it's root or not, so I guess I'll re-root again

makie

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Well I need it root so I can control my stereo and some other things, also I don't care about the warranty you can go to any store and they don't even checked if it's root or not, so I guess I'll re-root again

Head over to XDA forum and do it step by step

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

Why do you have to root to control your stereo? That seems like a function that is more than covered by an app that is readily available. Considering how easily I got my home theater and DirecTV set up on Smart Remote, I can't see needing root just for a stereo system.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Root has its advantages and obviously disadvantages, for me I have two note 4's both rooted.

I'm a seriel flasher & take enjoyment messing around with various elements such as ROMs & kernels.

I'm currently on X-Note Version 3.2 on my exynos with NL1 modem and ultimate kernel. My snapdragon is on Echo version 2 with AEL kernel.

I use debloating apps to rid myself of some google apps and use amplify yo control wakelocks, various themes and tweaks.

Follow the process step by step and if you want to venture into the above you will need a custom recovery all can be found over at XDA.

Both my notes fly and there ain't no lag to be found and its set up exactly to my liking.

Good luck.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Ya know, in another forum, this could go in a completely different direction...

Haha yeah didn't think this one through, just as well I'm single or my gf or wife may have taken this the wrong way lol

Just to clarify I'm not a seriel flasher but I do mess around lol

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I used twrp method and my note is acting weird also is laggy as hell, I'm typing and the letters don't show up, I swipe a page and doesn't do it just after 2-3 seconds, I click on an app and doesn't open right away, downloads in the Google play store take forever, can't connect with my moto360, etc, etc, I guess something didn't go as planned

By chance have you installed Xposed?

If so this may help you . . if not then ignore it.

[Fix]How to FIX XPOSED FRAMEWORK LAG on Note… | T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 4 | XDA Forums

rmadrid20

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Yes I have xposed installed, you think is better go back to stock and then fallow the xda instructions to root it again? All I know is that I want and I need my phone rooted with no lag

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Yes I have xposed installed, you think is better go back to stock and then fallow the xda instructions to root it again? All I know is that I want and I need my phone rooted with no lag

I haven't rooted my Note 4 but I have custom ROMs on others and yes, that would be my first step.