Should I Wait?

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Hello again everyone. I've popped in here from time to time b/c I have contemplated a Note 4 or Nexus 6 for a while now. I think I chose to make my device the Note 4. Main reasons being the camera is better and Verizon is just taking too long to get the Nexus out. I heard they were going to mock the Nexus w/ a new Droid coming mid-year but if you wait for the perfect phone, you'll never buy anything. TW is literally the only reason I even thought about this. Going from it to my Moto X showed me just how poor TW was on my S3. Apparently it's gotten better but we'll see.

My question (after my thoughts which I'm sure none of you care about) is that I've been reading there is a variation of the device being tested in Korea right now w/ a Snapdragon 810. I have read (ok, skimmed) a handful of articles pertaining to this but none has answered the question of "when can we expect it to be released, when, and can I buy in on contract?" Does anyone here have any info on this?? Should I just wait at least for that? I would assume it'll be out in a month or so. I'm OK w/ my Moto X. I've had it since August but the camera just makes me want to dropkick it sometimes and all the time in low light situations.

Thanks for any info!!

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Can you link thu article?
Would love to read.
For the question, I am a tech freak so waiting isn't a virtue of mine.
Plus the current tech is not even close to being maximized so it will be even longer for the 810 and 4+ gig ram stuff to be taken advantage of.

John 3:16

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I'd not worry about the next best phone. The Note 4 and the 3 before it are excellent. The Note 4 addresses the 3's shortcomings and I doubt you'd be disappointed.

from the Note 4

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Can you link thu article?
Would love to read.
For the question, I am a tech freak so waiting isn't a virtue of mine.
Plus the current tech is not even close to being maximized so it will be even longer for the 810 and 4+ gig ram stuff to be taken advantage of.

John 3:16

Snapdragon 810-powered Galaxy Note 4 now in testing - GSMArena.com news

Here's an article.

I definitely know about waiting and not to do it. There is no perfect phone. It's like buying a house in a way; if you won't purchase until something is absolutely perfect, you will never purchase.

I have definitely been sold on the Note now. I've never owned one but the phones I see when people use them are just beautiful. I just don't like TW that much but I can get around that. My biggest concern here was purchasing this phone and then having this one, w/ a better chipset get released when I'd much rather have that to begin w/. I was hoping there was some more inside info here. I knew it was a longshot haha hopefully something more concrete emerges after the new year so I can make my decision on whether to wait or not.