mgm83

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Wrong forum I know I know.. But the gaming forum on here is like the walking dead.. Just a quick question.. Any one here have a ps4? Xbox 1? Im a PlayStation fan but Xbox has some cool features.. Any thoughts?

Posted via the Android Central App

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Wrong forum I know I know.. But the gaming forum on here is like the walking dead.. Just a quick question.. Any one here have a ps4? Xbox 1? Im a PlayStation fan but Xbox has some cool features.. Any thoughts?

like TWD? 15 million viewers?! Sweet!
Seriously, from a non fan boy freak the PS4 is the way to go.
Just like phones read up, watch videos, test them, get opinions from neutral people, then make a decision.

John 3:16

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
PS4 here. I only play sports games, and I don't need it to be some grand entertainment central station for my living room or else i'd have probably gotten the Xbone. But my favorite baseball game is a PS4 exclusive so the decision was easy for me. Both are great, but the PS4 is better for me.

mgm83

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Lol.. yeah I've had every playstation and one xbox. I didn't like anything about the Xbox. My ps3 died on me the other night and I'm just gonna have to buy myself a ps4 for Christmas then.. I didn't need much of a push anyways..

M3Stang

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
I don't have either one. Back in the previous Gen I was all ps3 until I got a 360 back in March 08 and I ended up liking it so much more. The games were better, graphics were better, unless of course it was a ps3 exclusive. But unless it was an exclusive every game was just a 360 port so it looked horrendous to me. Now in the current Gen I am really torn myself on as to which one would be the better contender. Xbox One is cool for halo but for me the biggest game is kingdom Hearts 3. Since it'll be multi platform it doesn't matter to me lol. Both play blu ray but ps4 is better quality output. I does 1080p instead of 720p.

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Oddly I picked the XBOX 360 over the PS3 and felt good about it tech wise and all, but it you look at it objectively the XBONE does not hold up to the Ps4 in any respect tech wise, game wise, future proof (as much as Can be anyway) and the killer is sales.
XBone is begging for sales.
The freaking Wii U Was out selling it several weeks which is bad.
Actually, If I had to choose a free system I world get the Wii U. Call me crazy but Mario kart and that coming Zelda are mare than worth the tech diff.

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
When is the freaking time machine Coming ?
The Genesis and Snes days are untouchable .
I feel sorry for the youngins that missed those wars.

BTW, Favorite system of all time?
Dreamcast here. HOURS on Soul CalibUr and Crai Taxi.
I could not be beat in Sc and never Was, even had a tournament as Mgr. of a Toys R us and I murdered everyone easily.
Oh the memories. Was at TRU for the launch, Head guy gave me games to test, SEGA would send me free T shirts, hats and more anytime I asked.
Wasted many hoUrs of payroll getting well paid to play games for hours. LOL

M3Stang

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Sounds like quite a fun job. I do agree that the PS4 is way better in everyway. My priorities this gen are just so different compared to what they were when the previous gen had just come out, therefore I dont really read up or enthuse upon them like I used too. Now all my money goes into cars, and car modifications.

naira1

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Last gen was Xbox 360 all the way for me. But this time out I went with the PS4 and never been much happier. The xbone just didn't cut it and I think the gaming public has still not gotten over Microsoft ill concept before the launch last year.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

M3Stang

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Last gen was Xbox 360 all the way for me. But this time out I went with the PS4 and never been much happier. The xbone just didn't cut it and I think the gaming public has still not gotten over Microsoft ill concept before the launch last year.

What I'll concept? Like I said, I'm not really into the gaming stuff so much anymore so I'm not sure what it is that you are referring too. Does it have to do with the kinect by chance?

naira1

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
What I'll concept? Like I said, I'm not really into the gaming stuff so much anymore so I'm not sure what it is that you are referring too. Does it have to do with the kinect by chance?

Was not referring to you my good forum friend. Was talking about Microsoft and the concept it had for the xbone before public outcry made it change its mind. Remember the always on saga. People lost confidence in MS bcos of that and I am one of those people.

AnimeKing

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
I've owned all of the Xbox consoles, and all of the Playstation home consoles at some point in time.

Having had an Xbox One for a few months (Dec - March) I actually traded the damn thing in and got myself a Ps4. I love my Ps4, and I've pretty much always liked my playstation consoles better than my xbox consoles.

But that's primarily because of the type of games I enjoy. I mostly like RPGs , japanese made or influinced games, story driven / story heavy games, platformers, and quality fighting games, and the playstations usually won in all of those catagories by a landslide. All my xboxs were sort of just given to me without really asking for them funnily enough (relatives/family knew I loved videogames) , but I practically begged for my Ps1 and Ps2, pretty much traded or sold almost every video game I ever owned to get my Ps3, and then traded my still very valuable Xbox One for the Ps4.

Playstations have traditionally had the way more quality exclusive games than microsoft consoles as well, although it seems with the xbox one their positions have been oddly reversed for the moment anyway in terms of good exclusive AAA titles. But I'm still expecting Sony to ramp it up in 2015 , 2016 especially , with high quality exlusive titles.

I made the ultimate descion to stick with Ps4 b/c of my game type preference (RPG/japanese games/platformers/exclusives) , thats what it usually comes down to with two fairly simular consoles. Who knows what exactly the future will bring but if trends from the past 13 years or so continue, Ps4 will be better for gamers who have preferences simular to mine ...

AnimeKing

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Oh and for some background I love videogames and have been an avid lover of video games ever since my dad gave me my Super Nintendo (first home console) and his sister gave me my GameBoy Pocket (first handheld console) 1st-2nd grade in the mid 90s . I probably reached the height of my gaming craze (at least in terms of hours spent gaming) in late middle/early high school haha.

- Xbox, Ps2, Gamecube were the consoles that dominated my middle school years.
- Ps3, 360 were ever present in my high school and college years (both released during early in my high school career, Ps4/Xbox One were released near the very end of my undergraduate college journey)
- Ps4 is the first console I feel like I have received being a real adult haha. Guess it'll be a mainstay pretty much all throughout my young adult years (20s) :p

Truthfully I've had to cut way back on the amount of hours I log in games since around senior year of high school, and especially in the past few months since I started graduate school in August. But I still spend a sizable chunk of my somewhat-rare freetime gaming, and I keep up with the gaming world through a magazine I'm subscribed to , and a couple of youtube gaming channels I'm subscribed to. I get a new game or 2 religiously on every paycheck ..

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I have an Xbox 360 and PS3. I'd get the One if I had the chance but only cause I like the format of Microsoft. It's much simpler than a play station. Ps3 always has updates which take forever. Home lay out isn't nearly as intuitive either. This has improved on the PS4 but it's still better on an xbox IMO.

The coolest thing about play station to me is the remote play. Originally you could pick up where you left on a psp. Now you can do it with your phone. That's crazy to me. Awesome feature.

mgm83

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm not knocking xbox but it's not for me.. Ps4 to me is a better product and is going to be a safe bet for years. I busted out my nes the other night and I've been playing smb3 non stop. Mainly cuz there is no saving and I have to leave the system on but it's bringing back some memories.. Going to be honest the ice level is giving me some issues

AbuYazeedUK

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Original Xbox modded with CoinOps/Vision 😁 and I have a PS4 just because most of my friends have it.