Samsung Galaxy Note 4 wireless charging back size?

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking about getting that wireless back for the note 4 that's on sale. Will my cases still fit with it?

Posted via the Android Central App

sforsyth01

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Re: wireless charging back size?

I'm thinking about getting that wireless back for the note 4 that's on sale. Will my cases still fit with it?

Likely not. It didn't on the Note 3 so I am not wasting my money on the Note 4.

With fast charging (wireless is very slow) and the Samsung extra battery kit, wireless charging is a convenience that is not needed.

-Shawn
Noting the world one S-Pen at a time.

phoneluva

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

I got the wireless charging back 50% off from signing up on samsung store. I love it. Very convenient. But... The cases won't fit. I rock my note 4 commando style. Lol

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 4

DavidsTech

May 13, 2012
Visit site

It adds a little more bulk so cases will not fit like before. I returned mine since I wanted to use a case that offered some protection. Its a two layer case thats all clear and offers some protection and allows me to see how my device looks. Best of both worlds. Some who don't use cases say they don't want to cover the device and not see how it looks. With the cases I use I get the protection AND get the view.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

To the ones that have the wireless charging back from Samsung, do you have any issues with it. Mine the screen will come on and off at random times. I have had the phone replaced. I have used a Samsung charging pad, tylt, and tylt even replaced their charging pad because we thought the pad might be bad. The pads all work fine with my wife's s5. And to clarify problem, the phone usually charges completely or is on the charger for awhile working fine before the problem starts, so I have it on pad correct.

The only thing that hasn't been replaced is the back. Could the back really be the problem? Or is this a known problem that I haven't been able to find anyone else say anything about. Thanks

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

You can remove the Wireless charging coil from the Wireless charging back and use it with the stock back.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

albertdc

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site

Bought my dad a wireless charger for his Note 4. Bought the Samsung charging back and it would no longer fit his rigid case. Bought a charging receiver from eBay and installed it with the original back and it worked. The receiver still makes it a little thicker, but we could stuff it in the case which was impossible with the charging back. Lots of wireless receiver options out there. I ordered this one (no affiliation) and it seems to work well:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...6id%3D311183164434%26alt%3Dweb&token=SlH8edh7

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site

Keep in mind that the charge rate is pretty slow on the inductive charging backs. Less than 1Amp.

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note Edge on AT&T

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site

Why not just use an external battery? Better than the wireless charger

While I see your point, I like having my phone on my TYLT next to my bed at night. Charging speed is not a concern at that point, and I use it as my alarm anyway.

Once I get back to work and re-establish my routine, I will consider the extra battery down the road. I liked having that option, and it was necessary, with the Galaxy Nexus.

My initial experience due to light use over the holidays, is that my battery has not dipped below 50%.

varunaX

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site

My caseology case fits and charges wirelessly okay

Attachments

• 1419912788311.jpg
    1419912788311.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 43

Flashfox

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site

I got my Note 4 from T-Mobile and ordered the replacement back cover from Amazon. The Samsung cover arrived 2 days later and it works fine with my Qi charger. The Samsung Qi case is slightly thicker but not enough to be really noticed or to have problems with my holster. However, if you bought shell cases, it might no longer fit.

As for comments regarding the Qi charging capability:
1. Yes, it's slower... but convenient and safer as I don't have to plug/unplug the cable
2. The "sweet spot" is not that large so at first, get to know where it is and make sure the charger icon is ON.

I am using my Nexus 5 Qi Charger and it's evident that the sweet spot on the Nexus 5 was larger as for the Note 4 it's a bit more critical... with this non-Samsung Qi charger pad. I do miss the magnetic back cover of the Nexus 5 as it kept the phone in place so if you have cats or if you tend to knock the phone, it can slide off the sweet spot.

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site

I bought an aluminum bumper on amazon and hope it still fits with the wireless charging cover on.

verks

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site

You can remove the Wireless charging coil from the Wireless charging back and use it with the stock back.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
You can. There was a tutorial on here somewhere, I'll post it when I find it.