What does a water damage sticker look like (Samsung Galaxy Note 4)?

Clancey123

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Water Damage Sticker Question

Hello, I was wondering what the water damage sticker would look like if I were to have water damage. Right now the one on the battery is solid white, and the sticker on the phone has a white background with a red X pattern. Was not sure if I have water damage or not.

Thank you!

rcobourn

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: Water Damage Sticker Question

The sticker on my phone is pure white, so I'm guessing yours indicates water exposure.

M3Stang

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site

I don't even know where the ester damage sticker is. Where on the back of the phone is it? If I take the battery out I see the one on top but where is the one on the phone itself?

Posted via the Android Central App

Clancey123

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site

Here are the stickers, one on the battery the other on the phone.

Attachments

• WIN_20141226_141405 (2).JPG
    WIN_20141226_141405 (2).JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 61
  • WIN_20141226_141430 (3).JPG
    WIN_20141226_141430 (3).JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

ronb

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site

I think you are good to go. I believe that the one with X's will turn all red when exposed.
I don't have one on my phone in that location.
My phone sticker is probably hidden under the frame.
Good Luck!
Ron

nytmare

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

I've not had to test this, but I've heard that if you're sticker changes color, you can get it back to white by dabbing it with bleach. Might be an urban legend... dunno.

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site

If the sticker turns a solid red then it has been exposed to water. The white background with red x's is normal.

Rackness

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site

If the sticker turns a solid red then it has been exposed to water. The white background with red x's is normal.
This is accurate for VZW. All of the VZW phones i have owned in recent years have been the white background with red x's. This goes for Android (Motorola, Samsung, Lg) and Apple(4,5,ipad).Other providers may use plain white. My folks have note 3's on Tmobile and their sticker were all white when i was helping them get set up.

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site

This is accurate for VZW. All of the VZW phones i have owned in recent years have been the white background with red x's. This goes for Android (Motorola, Samsung, Lg) and Apple(4,5,ipad).Other providers may use plain white. My folks have note 3's on Tmobile and their sticker were all white when i was helping them get set up.

True. I think going all red from whatever it is x's or solid white is the indicator one is looking for. Bottom line, if the sticker is solid red then water has been present.