Why won't my photos upload from camera to Google Photos?

Dizzy11

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
Photos won't upload from camera to Google Photos

Hi Guys,

I just got a Samsung Galaxy Note 4. I took my first few photos yesterday & went to upload them directly from the camera viewer, and when I try to upload to "Photos" (the one associated w/ my Google account) nothing happens. I get the popup that says "upload photos to (my gmail address)" and I hit upload, but then nothing. Nothing happens in the notification bar to indicate that any activity is taking place & no photos show up in my Google Photos.

Just to test it out, I turned on auto backup, and that worked, the photos showed up in my Google Photos account. So the phone is able to connect to my account, there's no problem there. But when I try to manually upload an individual photo (which is how I like to do it - I really don't want to use auto backup), I get nothing.

(Also, just for some additional info, I am able to email and text photos directly from the camera viewer. And I am able to manually upload to Google Photos using a third party app. But no direct uploading to Photos straight from the camera). Any thoughts?
Thanks!

Jose F1

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
Im having the same issue with my Galaxy S5. Even if I try to upload just 1 photo, it stays on the "uploading" screen forever. Even tried uninstalling and reinstalling, no luck.

lapk78

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Mine says loading 1 of 2970 or something like that) without changing forever, but eventually when I look at it later, it seems like they've uploaded. My problem is that Google Photos requests to Feed Up Space by deleting copies stored on my phone, but then it doesn't seem like it actually deletes anything. Very frustrating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze