it gets better and better!

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Bought "The Interview" on YouTube an hour ago with my Google Play account. I'm watching it off my Note 4 through my Sony Wi-Fi blue ray player with my Toshiba HDTV! Amazing! I did Not know the Note 4 would do this. Who needs chromecast? Not one bit of lag...No buffering and posting this message to you all while watching the movie . Again...amazing! The movie is funny as shat too. I would post a screen shot but it shot me down...proprietary and all that copyright jazz. Incredible! I just hope I don't get bombed or poisoned in the near future...LMAO!

Sent via the Next Big Thing, My Galaxy N4

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
How are you sending the movie to the BR player? Is it the screen mirror option?

No...I just hit the... I will call it the square echo box on you tube...it asked me to connect to blue ray player and showed it to me. I turned it on and it played.

I started with the sound that pandas make...my daughter asked. Then it asked to play on TV...So I hit the echo box...told me to turn on blue ray player and I did...then I got the idea to watch "the interview" on YouTube and it did. Just finished. No lag or buffering. That is strange because Amazon prime buffers all the time from Wi-Fi blue ray to TV.

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
That's cool, but I think for 25-35 bucks, you'll find the Chromecast is well worth all the other stuff it can do

Posted via Android Central App

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
That's cool, but I think for 25-35 bucks, you'll find the Chromecast is well worth all the other stuff it can do

I've never looked at chromecast. Honestly, I don't have a clue What it does other than play YouTube on TV. I'm Not saying anything bad about it. I've never had a top of the line device until now, and every day brings a new jewel to the crown of my Note 4. I was just amazed it would do this and easily. No lag on the phone and No buffering while on AC at the same time. Dog, awesome!

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I've never looked at chromecast. Honestly, I don't have a clue What it does other than play YouTube on TV. I'm Not saying anything bad about it. I've never had a top of the line device until now, and every day brings a new jewel to the crown of my Note 4. I was just amazed it would do this and easily. No lag on the phone and No buffering while on AC at the same time. Dog, awesome!

It really is cool.

Watch Netflix and Hulu
Stream music from Google Play All Access
Mirror the screen on your device (phone, tablet, laptop) on your TV
View slide show of pictures you've taken
Leave the Chromecast wallpaper set to live update, which turns your stagnant TV in to a giant moving picture frame

There's more, but that's what I do with it

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
It really is cool.

Watch Netflix and Hulu
Stream music from Google Play All Access
Mirror the screen on your device (phone, tablet, laptop) on your TV
View slide show of pictures you've taken
Leave the Chromecast wallpaper set to live update, which turns your stagnant TV in to a giant moving picture frame

There's more, but that's what I do with it

I will have to check it out. Is that how the put the fireplace on the TV on the Samsung commercial? For $35 guess you couldn't go wrong. Thanks for the info!

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I will have to check it out. Is that how the put the fireplace on the TV on the Samsung commercial? For $35 guess you couldn't go wrong. Thanks for the info!

You can do that. On Netflix, search "fireplace", and you'll see it. Complete with crackling sound. Then select the cast icon from within Netflix, and choose your Chromecast connected to your TV

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
You can do that. On Netflix, search "fireplace", and you'll see it. Complete with crackling sound. Then select the cast icon from within Netflix, and choose your Chromecast connected to your TV

Sounds Cool...Thanks!

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
The thought of Kim Dong Un getting wiped hasn't really bothered me at all. I may see the movie just to enjoy that. Sic I may be.

from the IV

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
You bought it?

You must be very easily amused. The movie piles cliché upon cliché. I didn't have to even giggle once! So as a 'comedy' it's bombed massively afaic.

Yep...off YouTube. Oh I thought it was hilarious! You didn't think it was funny? Come on now...not even a little? To each his own.

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
The thought of Kim Dong Un getting wiped hasn't really bothered me at all. I may see the movie just to enjoy that. Sic I may be.

from the IV

Shows it in slow motion...the effect that is ...I can understand why certain factions don't want it out..but it's just an American comedy...and No, your Not sic...that's why I wanted to watch.

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site

Agreed. Not all of us have a blu-ray player. (don't want one either) Chromecast is awesome and use it almost everyday.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
No...I just hit the... I will call it the square echo box on you tube...it asked me to connect to blue ray player and showed it to me. I turned it on and it played.

I started with the sound that pandas make...my daughter asked. Then it asked to play on TV...So I hit the echo box...told me to turn on blue ray player and I did...then I got the idea to watch "the interview" on YouTube and it did. Just finished. No lag or buffering. That is strange because Amazon prime buffers all the time from Wi-Fi blue ray to TV.

If Amazon Prime is constantly buffering on your wifi TV you need to hardwire it or get a higher download speed. When I had AT&T UVerse Amazon Prime constantly buffered and I had the optional 21 Mbps download speed but by the time it got to my 2 flatscreens it was single digit like 7 Mbps download speed. When I switched to Comcast Xfinity with 50 Mbps download speed I had zero Amazon Prime buffering because the wifi download speed was stil in the upper 20's Mbps range at the flatscreens. Amazon Prime automatically switches from an HD broadcast to a standard one if your download speed isn't fast enough. In my mind AT&T should inform their customers they need to hardwire their flatscreens to get acceptable streaming without buffering but they don't.

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
If Amazon Prime is constantly buffering on your wifi TV you need to hardwire it or get a higher download speed. When I had AT&T UVerse Amazon Prime constantly buffered and I had the optional 21 Mbps download speed but by the time it got to my 2 flatscreens it was single digit like 7 Mbps download speed. When I switched to Comcast Xfinity with 50 Mbps download speed I had zero Amazon Prime buffering because the wifi download speed was stil in the upper 20's Mbps range at the flatscreens. Amazon Prime automatically switches from an HD broadcast to a standard one if your download speed isn't fast enough. In my mind AT&T should inform their customers they need to hardwire their flatscreens to get acceptable streaming without buffering but they don't.

Yeah...it's crazy. No problems with the Wi-Fi reciever from ATT, No problems with Wi-Fi from phone to TV. My sons Netflix plays great. Everything is great except...My Amazon prime...Not So good. Buffers continuously. Continuously shows at 1.9 mps... Not nearly good enough to watch a show. I have No idea What the difference is. I just figure I need and update on the prime app.

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!