Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Jabra Headset

mtbrown19

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
So my lovely wife got me a Jabra headset for Christmas and I have set it up however I can't seem to make it activate S Voice when the phone is locked which seems to defeat part of the purpose of having a headset ie not having to pull out my phone to initiate a call. Is there a setting I'm missing?

rob6070

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: Jabra Headset

I've had issues with Bluetooth headsets and using ok google on my note 4. S voice sucks and I'd try Google now if I were you and see.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Note 4

mtbrown19

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site

Switched to Google but still the same issue. If I push the action button on the headset when the phone is locked out will not activate either Google or S Voice.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

I use a fingerprint lockscreen and using OK Google, S Voice or Dragon all three work when the screen is locked but I cannot speak a command into my Plantronics Edge BT earpiece to dial a call without manually unlocking the screen. Others have posted they are able to do exactly that. My solution for in the car was to buy the CarHome Ultra app from the Play Store which keeps the screen unlocked and has Google Voice Search installed within it so now I can dial out via BT. You could also install S Voice and Dragon on the CarHome Ultra app.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

Yes, I have the same issue and got the app to get around it in the car.

On another thread several forum members posted they were able to bypass their lockscreens using OK Google and/or S Voice & Dragon but I am unable to do so. With my screen locked when I use any of the speech programs they respond but to make a phone call (or search anything for that matter) they display that the screen must first be unlocked. I'm on AT&T and I have OK Google programmed to work with a locked screen in the settings.

mtbrown19

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site

See I have no issue in my truck as the built in hands free (Uconnect) works just fine weather the phone is locked or not. it's with the headset that I am having the issue and that is for making calls only. I can still answer when the screen is locked. I wanted the headset so that I wasn't having to pull my Note out of my pocket all the time. Kind of feels like I only have half the functionality I should.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

I didn't even try to connect to my car primarily because of the road noise the person you're speaking with hears using the car's handsfree feature.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463