Bluetooth Issues

PlanetPluto7

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else having problems connecting or dropping Bluetooth? I went from None on the Note 3 to All of the above on the 4. I can hold them both in the same hand.... Range on # - about 30ft. including through walls. On the 4 it is 10 to 15 ft.
Dropping: The 3 connects to my car Moto speaker while I'm still in the house. The 4 drops after a few minutes if I ca get it connected at all.

Big suprise to me. How bout you?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Most BT devices are Class 3 - 10 feet. If you get one that works further, and isn't listed as Class 2 or Class 1, it's like finding money - not something to count on. (It has to do both with the SAR - how much radiation your body is absorbing - and how much interference the signal is going to cause to the wifi radio - they're both in the same frequency band. It's like not being able to hear anything but one station on the radio [and all over the radio] when you're parked next to that station's antenna.)

azBuddah

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed that my Jawbone earpiece has been loosing connection. The status bar shows that I'm connected, but sometimes when making/receiving a call it works sometimes it doesn't. I can listen to music through it and if I pause or stop it to converse with someone and then hit the play button again it plays through the speaker. I have to turn the earpiece off and back on several times a day.

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
My Note 4 will not connect to my vehicle at all. Samsung claims it is a compatibility issue, because the newest BT software/technology is in the Note 4, and advised that I should call my dealer (Subaru) to see if they can update the software in my car. It would pair with my work vehicle (Ford) but doesn't automatically connect every time. I have to manually connect it. I'm at this point wishing I hadn't gotten the new phone!!:(

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
My Plantronics Edge BT earpiece has incredible range, by far the best I've ever experienced on any phone. Not sure whether it's the N4, the earpiece or the combination but I'm really surprised by the range. I got the Plantronics Edge after I got the N4 so I've never used it on another phone. It's a real treat considering the last OS update on my S3 caused the BT range to shrink to almost nothing.