Why do the images on my Note 4 looked blocky?

bedfordharpist

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
why do the images on my note 4 looked "blocky"?

I have a note 4. Ive had it for a couple of months. The last few weeks the images on my phone look diff. For example, when im reading the news, every fifth picture or so, (not all of them) will be partially covered with a gray block or red or blue blocks. Sometimes it looks like the picture was sliced in two horizontally with the lower half now being offset and tinted a weird color such as red or green. Can you tell me if this is a virus, or if theres something wrong with my phone? I use chrome. But the pictures are most often noticed in flipboard or a local news app that i read. I have screenshots of the pics but not sure how to attach them here.

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: why do the images on my note 4 looked "blocky"?

I have a note 4. Ive had it for a couple of months. The last few weeks the images on my phone look diff. For example, when im reading the news, every fifth picture or so, (not all of them) will be partially covered with a gray block or red or blue blocks. Sometimes it looks like the picture was sliced in two horizontally with the lower half now being offset and tinted a weird color such as red or green. Can you tell me if this is a virus, or if theres something wrong with my phone? I use chrome. But the pictures are most often noticed in flipboard or a local news app that i read. I have screenshots of the pics but not sure how to attach them here.

To attach the screnshots in the app just hit the paperclip in top right corner when you post. I've never used the website to send a screeshot but I imagine there's an attach icon of some sort.

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!

bedfordharpist

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
ok i'm giving this a try. I used advanced options for replying and under this text box is an option to attach. Let's see if I do this right.

Oh no. It's also on my laptop like this. Check the banner image from Amazon. Maybe it's a chrome issue?

I have a note 4. Ive had it for a couple of months. The last few weeks the images on my phone look diff. For example, when im reading the news, every fifth picture or so, (not all of them) will be partially covered with a gray block or red or blue blocks. Sometimes it looks like the picture was sliced in two horizontally with the lower half now being offset and tinted a weird color such as red or green. Can you tell me if this is a virus, or if theres something wrong with my phone? I use chrome. But the pictures are most often noticed in flipboard or a local news app that i read. I have screenshots of the pics The first screenshot is on my phone. The other screenshot is of my laptop which is running Chrome. It was how an Amazon banner ad looked this morning. I also have this question on a note 4 forum, because it's def happening more often on my phone than on my laptop.

Last edited by a moderator:

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Oh my...that's level 2 help. Other than clearing the phones cache it's above my head. Looks blocky to me.

It looks like part of another page.

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000