Samsung Galaxy Note 4 to many apps?

Rmbrown1964

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
How many apps are installed on your note 4? And the more you have, are you having battery troubles and over heating? Or any other problems? thank you.

Posted via the Android Central App

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: to many apps?

Sad to say 157 and counting. No overheating unless I've had a very long SOT. Battery life is great to me, but I've deleted a few apps that have push notifications. They were just deemed unnecessary and unuseful or duplicate the same info I was loooking for.

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site

447 or there abouts, but I didnt dl all those. Many are system apps. Settings, applications, all and count. Too much work!

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site

So I have 25 apps on each screen and 12 screens so that is about 300. Battery works great and I only get the thing running hot if I am using the Gear VR and only some apps in that, rest of the time it is cool as a cucumber. It hasn't got above 0° Fahrenheit here in the Colorado High Country for the last 2 days so a little heat from the Note 4 in my pocket would feel good.

So Mike much of my family are in Oklahoma after leaving Kentucky back about 1900. Here is a funny story though. Back in 1999 I moved to Utah to experience the 2002 Winter Olympics--It was awesome by the way--. My grandfather back in Oklahoma all his life went by Brigham, don't know why his his given name was Clarence Charles, but when I told some of my friends and folks in Utah I worked with his name, they were very very confused. :D There are a lot, a whole lot of Youngs in Utah.

Rmbrown1964

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site

You can go into play store were you update your apps and it will show the number of apps I have 212 apps. But the more I add the phone gets hot and laggy. And the battery gets hot.

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
So I have 25 apps on each screen and 12 screens so that is about 300. Battery works great and I only get the thing running hot if I am using the Gear VR and only some apps in that, rest of the time it is cool as a cucumber. It hasn't got above 0° Fahrenheit here in the Colorado High Country for the last 2 days so a little heat from the Note 4 in my pocket would feel good.

So Mike much of my family are in Oklahoma after leaving Kentucky back about 1900. Here is a funny story though. Back in 1999 I moved to Utah to experience the 2002 Winter Olympics--It was awesome by the way--. My grandfather back in Oklahoma all his life went by Brigham, don't know why his his given name was Clarence Charles, but when I told some of my friends and folks in Utah I worked with his name, they were very very confused. :D There are a lot, a whole lot of Youngs in Utah.

I enjoyed the story Chuck! Thanks! Indiana and Kentucky here too. That wouldn't be Tots, Kentucky would it? I can understand the needed heat in the pocket...it's been down right cold in CO! OP... No intent to disrupt your thread. Sorry.

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site

228. No overheating and battery life has been great, better than any other Android phone or tablet that I own now or in the past.

Hielko

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

You can go into play store were you update your apps and it will show the number of apps I have 212 apps. But the more I add the phone gets hot and laggy. And the battery gets hot.

Heating and battery usage doesn't depend on the number of apps on your phone, but on the apps activity: running in foreground or background, syncing etc.

Posted via Android Central App

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site

The note 4 can have 12 screens?

I would assume a few more but I could be wrong. Some users have upwards to 5-600 apps, but with Nova you can have more than 25 in a drawer. At a point it becomes usless cause the apps get So crowded. So I would assume you could double the 12 but I have never done that.

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site

It isn't the NUMBER of apps, it is just one or two BAD apps.
Go to Settings>Battery, and see what app is sucking battery when it is running hot. Fix that issue.

pappcam

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site

I have 143 apps installed according to the Play Store and I also have 3 installed from Amazon and 4 installed from Samsung for a nice even total of 150.

My battery life is excellent.