Screen won't rotate

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
So my two year old got ahold of my phone and threw it down pretty hard...I do have an otterbox on it..so the phone was not damaged in any way, but now the screen won't rotate...I have checked and rechecked the auto rotate feature and also restarted my phone a few times to No avail...any suggestions would be really appreciated.

jcords

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Your phone's accelerometer might have been damaged, the sensor that checks the tilt and orientation. Key in *#0*# in your dialer and test your accelerometer under Sensor. The y-angle value should be around 90 and the x-angle value around 0 when you're holding the phone exactly upright, and the values should be reversed if you hold it sideways. You can also use one of the calibration apps available in the Play Store for checking and tweaking.

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Go to your key pad and call that number that jcords put with the 0 and those other symbols. And to clear the cache partition turn your phone off hold volume up and tthe home button at the same time then while holding the home button and vol up hold the power button for a few seconds so all 3 buttons are being held. Then wait about a minute and i think a robot will come up. Then hold the vol down home button and power button. Then click clear cache partition. The reboot. You will have to use your volume up and down buttons though to scroll down to clear cache partition because the screen doesnt work at those settings.

Posted via my Samsung GALAXY NOTE 4

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Sorry my bad u dont need to do the volume down thing. Just turn your phone off. Then hold vol up home and powrr button at the same time. Then it will say theres an update starting just wait about 40 seconds and it will say no command and a robot. Just wait and it will take u to the clear cache partition screen. The clear it using the volume down button to scroll to clear cache partiton. Click the power on button once you have selected clear cache. Then reboot it.

Posted via my Samsung GALAXY NOTE 4

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Those numbers don't work when I dial them....

Posted via the Android Central App

The number Won't dial. It pulls up a hidden menu that should be instant. Copy/paste What j put in will do the trick. Do a split screen So you can see What they asked you to check.

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
this is the menu you are looking for.

Go in to sensors.

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-04-01-30-46.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-01-04-01-30-46.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 164

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Crap...AC app Won't do a split screen? Hmmm...I can't get a split screen with AC? This needs to be fixed! Lol

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!

EDIT: I got it. Not split but at least dual screens.

leerandall

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
this is the menu you are looking for.

Go in to sensors.

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!

I don't know about other carriers, but my Verizon Note 4 does not get this menu after entering the *#0*0 key sequence. And if you dial it, some recording answers that I didn't stay on the line long enough to listen to.