E-mail app suddenly painfully slow

ddoouugg

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I've had my Note 4 since Day One and have been very happy. Until now. A few days ago, the default e-mail app (which I use with an Exchange account) became painfully slow. New mail is indicated, but the in-box won't refresh for a long time. Like maybe 30 seconds or so. I don't think Exchange is the problem, because I tried the Cloud Magic app, and it works perfectly. (But I don't like Cloud Magic for other reasons.) Is anyone else having this problem, or does anyone have any suggestions?

ddoouugg

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I deleted the Exchange account (which took a long time), then created it again -- and all seems OK now. I think. But seems like this shouldn't be necessary, huh?!

Mr-Guy

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
I have had the same issue on the N3 and had to delete and add the email account again

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
But seems like this shouldn't be necessary, huh?!

Things like this shouldn't be necessary, but have you encountered a foolproof error-free computer system in your life? I think with any platform or with any app, you need to accept a certain degree of error risk (which is why all tech experts recommend frequent backups or syncs). If this problem is occurring frequently, then I agree, it starts to become unacceptable.

mdeeny

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem and deleted the exchange account and added it back in and it improved. Part of this may be due to the changes on the exchange server side as the auto setup process changed the domain address in the exchange setup on my device.

melmc1403

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I've always found the stock email app that Samsung uses is always painfully slow. I use Cloud Magic and have done for the past few years. The emails come through quicker than the stock email app and the UI is lovely :) worth a try x

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vszvvone88