battery life

Racinghart91

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys first of all. Hi, i am new here on the forum and in sorry if there allready is a thread for this but i couldnt find a search button here.

I disabled a lot of bloatware. I dont use battery saver and my screen backlight is at is highest. Got my phone 3 days now and my sot is 3 hours and 30 minutes.. will this get better (is it becouse the phone is new ?)
i see people here with 5 hours of sot

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The trick isn't to keep the battery running as long between charges as you can, it's to keep the battery running as long between battewry replacements as you can. To do that you don't run the battery down to 0, you recharge at the 50% point. (You can go down to 40% without decreasing the life much. If you keep running it all the way down, it'll last about 300 charges. That's less than a year if you charge it every day.) If you need more time than that, buy a spare battery and swap them when the one in the phone gets down to 50%. (If you need still more time, get 2. You can get 2 batteries and an external charger - charges both the battery in the phone and one outside the phone at the same time - for just over $25.)

SamSamsung11

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
The trick isn't to keep the battery running as long between charges as you can, it's to keep the battery running as long between battewry replacements as you can. To do that you don't run the battery down to 0, you recharge at the 50% point. (You can go down to 40% without decreasing the life much. If you keep running it all the way down, it'll last about 300 charges. That's less than a year if you charge it every day.) If you need more time than that, buy a spare battery and swap them when the one in the phone gets down to 50%. (If you need still more time, get 2. You can get 2 batteries and an external charger - charges both the battery in the phone and one outside the phone at the same time - for just over $25.)

Can you please clarify? I was under the impression that the best thing was to charge around 20-30% mark and do a full drain every few days? Thanks.

torana355

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Can you please clarify? I was under the impression that the best thing was to charge around 20-30% mark and do a full drain every few days? Thanks.

Basically batteries these days don't suffer from Memory effect. This means you can charge them at any time without affecting the battery, if you charge the phone when its at 50% you are not using up a full recharge and therefore you can recharge the battery many more times before it dies.

SamSamsung11

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Basically batteries these days don't suffer from Memory effect. This means you can charge them at any time without affecting the battery, if you charge the phone when its at 50% you are not using up a full recharge and therefore you can recharge the battery many more times before it dies.

So it's better to charge it at 50% then say 30% because you are charging it for a less amount of time? But then you may have to charge it more often, no?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22