Charging issue

Inquisitive1

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Ok so for the last 35 minutes my phone would not charge (battery fully drained) Since I got the phone December 3rd, and I take very good care of my phones (full price purchaser which = no insurance) I couldn't figure out the problem especially since this is a very rapid charging phone.
All of a sudden out of nowhere I remembered 1.5 years ago I was outside for hours and in the snow and my phone at the time (Samsung Galaxy Rush; boost mobile) pictures and apps started disappearing out of my phone. I found out my phone had been "cold damaged" and being told that of the phone or charger gets too cold this can happen.

Sure enough my bed is under a window as is that particular outlet. I pulled my charger out and the prongs are ice cold.
Plugged it in to another outlet and it instantly charged.

I thought it would be helpful to let people know this to avoid a ruined phone or charger. Thank goodness I was able to figure this out.
Thankfully I'm one of those that prefer to charge to 100% before bed otherwise my phone may be permanently dead which would be a waste of money.

Posted with my awesome NOTE 4

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
That is really weird man. I live in Colorado where it gets to 30 below zero. I have left my phone in the car before in probably -10F but once it warmed up seemed to charge and work fine after that. I try not to though.

I sure would spend the extra hundred clams on insurance though, especially if you have already had some weirdness happen.

Inquisitive1

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
That is really weird man. I live in Colorado where it gets to 30 below zero. I have left my phone in the car before in probably -10F but once it warmed up seemed to charge and work fine after that. I try not to though.

I sure would spend the extra hundred clams on insurance though, especially if you have already had some weirdness happen.

I can't get insurance; bought it unlocked and on a prepaid plan. However I did find out this can happen with any charger, a few coworkers had it happen

Posted with my awesome NOTE 4

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781