Can't paste pictures to messaging (Verizon)

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
There are times I want to send friends funny pictures or whatnot, but not save them to my phone. With my N2, I could simply long click, copy, then go to messaging, long click paste, and it would paste the image right into the text. For some reason when I paste into the messaging on my N4, it now pastes the URL to the image, not the image. Anyone know how to fix this?

rem0us

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I never knew the note 2 had that feature, wish I would have. I just tried it on my N4 and yes it does the same thing, just copies the link. Usually if there is a picture I need to send ill whip out the S pen and select it then share it that way.

jdddealer

Jan 16, 2015
Visit site
Anyone have an answer for the OP's question? My brother just got this phone and has the exact same problem. He can "long" hold on a photo in a browser and hit "copy," but when he tries to paste it in the default text message app (white envelope), if he hits "paste" or "clipboard", all he gets in the text is the link for the photo...not the photo itself. I would think if everyone was having that issue, there'd be a lot of unhappy Note 4 users, but this is really the only posting that refers to it. How do YOU copy a picture (not draw a circle around it with the stylus) and paste it in a text message?
Thanks

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I have Textra. I don't think that matters...but. I pull out the spen, do an image clip, hit share then send. I don't save anything unless I want too.

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
And it's Not drawing a circle around a pic and saving it. It's selecting What you want to share and sharing it.

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I have Textra. I don't think that matters...but. I pull out the spen, do an image clip, hit share then send. I don't save anything unless I want too.

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!

I'm using Messenger+ and this is also how mine works.

Posted via the Android Central App from the beast A.K.A. Note 4.

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!

Does yours include a copied description/URL like the image attached? I tried doing a screen crop and share, when I select messenger it inserts the picture, but it also inserts a bunch of text which I have to erase before hitting send.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-16-17-26-18.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-01-16-17-26-18.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 72

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
You are correct. Its almost like a second text that reads out What's in the cropped out part. I never noticed it before and No one ever said anything. Hmmm...I wonder if you used a split screen and drag and drop if it would do that. Textra is Not available in split screen yet. Let me try stock messenger in split screen and see if I can drag and drop. Never tried it before So here I go. Lol

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
OK. I pulled up a pic on the net using dolphin browser. I didn't do a smart select. I just used the pen to select a pic like a mouse then dragged and drop the pic from the browser to the stock message app. i sent it to myself and there was No crazy lettering to go with it. Try it and see if you get the same result. Results are below.

Edit: I did this in split screen. I think that's the only way to drag and drop. If that is What I did. I'm Not quite sure. I will practice this later to see if I can do it again.

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-17-13-30-13.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-01-17-13-30-13.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 53

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Well, I did it once, No luck again. Not repeatable and I gotta go back to work. Will look at it later. I wanna know the answer now. Lol

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
I don't get it, maybe it's a glitch? When you long press an image you have the choice to "copy image" or "copy image url". Well, if I wanted to copy the URL I would select the latter option. However, when I select the former option... I still get the URL. And now you've brought a new bug to me. I use to be able to clip an image with my S-Pen and send just the image, but now the images have text and/or URL's following them which I now have to erase. Ugh.

rem0us

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I don't get it, maybe it's a glitch? When you long press an image you have the choice to "copy image" or "copy image url". Well, if I wanted to copy the URL I would select the latter option. However, when I select the former option... I still get the URL. And now you've brought a new bug to me. I use to be able to clip an image with my S-Pen and send just the image, but now the images have text and/or URL's following them which I now have to erase. Ugh.

Yeah this is quite annoying. Instead of doing smart select which includes text that is in the picture just use image clip and no text will be sent along with it.

jdddealer

Jan 16, 2015
Visit site
Don't know if you still watch this thread, but we figured our problem out. Brother was using Chrome as his browser. Switched to the stock one that looks like an "Earth" icon and says internet below it....now works perfectly. Apparently, it is a browser-specific issue.

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
Don't know if you still watch this thread, but we figured our problem out. Brother was using Chrome as his browser. Switched to the stock one that looks like an "Earth" icon and says internet below it....now works perfectly. Apparently, it is a browser-specific issue.

Outstanding, thank you! I've noticed other problems with Chrome as well. Looks like I'll be shopping for a new browser.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaeros85