Why is my Note 4 overheating?

Eijin

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
note 4 overheating

Hi.
I have searched the forum for'overheat' and 'overheating'phares and couldn't find the solution.I got galaxy note 4 well today's afternoon just in one hour my phone got quite hot,by just keeping it in the pocket.
my battery level dropped from 90 % to 36% the screen wasn't turned on in my pocket.
Without using it I was checking it frequently for temperature,it's been hot for the next hour and completely drained out then.
After plugin in and start to charge I turned it on and it became hot again,unlikely the previous times I was charging,now that I finished charging after couple of hours everything is fine,no overheat or sudden batter drain.
are there any information regarding similar issues does anyone know what may cause it?
mobile data was on,phone was running like usual without any additional tasks.
I checked the battery drain indicator at 36% it was screen and android system on the first two places-but this is almost like always.
Before I return the phone I greatly appreciate for any help.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: note 4 overheating

Try the app Clean Master. It will warn you of overheating and fix it.

Posted via the Android Central App

naira1

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

Look like a rogue app to me. Do as worwig said maybe you'll see the app causing this.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site

Look over your recently installed apps. There may have been one that was keeping your phone awake. If it happens again I would suggest deleting your most recently installed apps. Also, rebooting the phone will close out any rogue apps.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Install wake lock detector from the play store

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

fortify

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

Sadly, my note 4 overheated by just installing my old apps.Returned the phone. My note 3 never over heated. Seems to be problem with the note 4

qbnkelt

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site

Sadly, my note 4 overheated by just installing my old apps.Returned the phone. My note 3 never over heated. Seems to be problem with the note 4
Of course it's your choice in what phone to use. But did you try any of the suggestions here?

I've got a Note 4, since release day. Only time it got hot was on set up, as it was syncing. This is normal.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site

Mine overheated when I had it in a Body Glove Case. Stopped using it and it stopped overheating

Sent from my beautiful white NOTE 4!!

changu420

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site

i cracked my screen (Note 4) and got a replacement phone. the replacement started overheating and battery drain immediately. They included a new battery with the replacement that i did not use initially. i went through all the clean up and battery monitoring apps suggested here, but nothing helped.
i changed the battery to the one that came with the replacement and boom, it worked. no more overheating. not saying it will work for everyone, but it worked for me.

Last edited:

mrsmoore78

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site

go to settings > battery and see what is using the majority of your battery power. A few days ago I had this problem where my phone was warm and the battery was draining like crazy. Turns out my phone was stuck on "indexing" and it went on and on for days. I did several trouble shooting techniques and eventually it stopped. Now everything is fine again.

shamdawg

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

I use mine quite a bit and have never noticed it getting hot. Had it since release day also. Always use it in a case. Perhaps you received a faulty unit?

barrettdaniel

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site

only time my phone really got hot was one night I plugged it in, left youtube running so listen to a podcast and stupidly put my phone under my pillow and then fell asleep like this. Needless to say this was horrendously dumb, but I didn't kill my phone, surprisingly!

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

Try the app Clean Master. It will warn you of overheating and fix it.

Posted via the Android Central App
I don't believe that app is accurate. There are times when I haven;t used my phone in a few hours and I open an app. That clean Master app will warn me that my phone is over heating. Yeah. Sure it is. I ignore that notification and just keep using the phone. Nothing ever happens and the battery doesn't drain.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

By Chance did you install an old SD card? I had the same problem with overheating and battery drain and the IndexServicing was non stop when I first got my phone. After removing my old SD card (had been used in 2 previous phones), and the phone recharging/resetting it has been Fantastic ever since. No overheating and no Battery drain! I have not put any kind of SD card back in.

Here is a link to the lengthy thread, but perhaps will help.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...-concerns-check-here-first-2.html#post4231006

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers