Is a small exposed portion of my screen ok?

Ryan Curtis

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Screen protector issue

I just got finished (on the third try) putting a screen protector on my brand new Note 4 and a small portion of the screen is still exposed. Do you think it will be okay since it's so small?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 91

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Screen protector issue

If you take a pin or a needle and scratch that portion, or rub some sand over that part of the screen, no. If you're worried about normal scratch marks caused by using and wiping the screen, yes, as long as you don't wipe the exposed part with a dry tissue. (Use a lens cleaner and spray it on the lens-cleaning tissue, then wipe gently. All you want to do is remove the oils that your fingers leave on the protector, you're not polishing brass. The problem is sub-micron sized particles in the air that get on your screen, and are almost as hard as diamond [about 9 on the scale where diamond is 10]. The tiny bit of liquid on the tissue will float the particles away instead of digging them into the protector or the screen. Even tempered glass protectors get scratched by them. It's also why people breathe on eyeglass lenses before wiping them - to get that tiny bit of condensation [which is like a deep pool to those little particles].)

Tampa8

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site

There are many that will cover it completely, like the Tech Armor. The one the At&t store uses will.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

From a protection standpoint, you're probably safe, especially if you'll be using a case. As aforementioned, there are protectors that cover more of the display and I would be looking towards one of those.

plumcrazy

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site

in my opinion they are not needed anyways but leaving that 1/32" on the edge, im sure its fine