Note 4 system update

doxilover

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi - please forgive me if I'm posting on the wrong forum. I'm a newbie. 2 days ago I picked up my phone and it was going through a system update. It totally reset my phone and I had to set it up all over again. I've never had this happen before. Had anyone else experienced this? My carrier is Verizon. Software is 4.4.4. Thank you!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I have heard of some strange things from Verizon or other carriers when it comes to OTA's being " forced to download/update " and even people claiming to have had factory resets in the process.

Without actually having a Note 4 on Verizon to experience it myself I can't say for sure this was what happened to you. Hang in there, I'm sure someone will chime in on this that may have better knowledge.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I updated my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and didn't have to do a factory data reset

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

doxilover

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
It's weird. It just happened without me giving permission. In the past I've always had a message pop up asking if I wanted to update. And I've never had my phone reset. When I have some time to stay on hold I'm going to call VZW to ask about it.

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Well, mine does a system update check every now and then even though I have automatic checks turned off. I usually get a "sim card not detected" error message after that, which requires a reboot. Fun. /s

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513