How to create shortcut for app manager?

goceltics34

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
How do I create a shortcut for application manager?
I know how to create a shortcut but the option for "settings shortcut" is no longer listed as it has been on other phones (galaxy s5 , s4,etc.)

Any help would be appreciated.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It should be in the app drawer. Dragging that to a homescreen creates a shortcut. (The "shortcut" item from the homescreen menu is just a faster way to do it.)

goceltics34

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
That just gives me a shortcut for the settings. I want a shortcut that takes you directly to the application manager. I was able to do this on previous phones.

Anyone else?

Rarry

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I read this post below and remembered yours. Instead of 'air gestures' read 'Application Manager' and this will give you your home screen shortcut. Just tried it and it works.

Quote: "Daevionne
2 months ago
Air gestures still work they're just hidden. Download nova launcher and hold down on the home screen. Click Shortcuts, then activities, then settings. Scroll until you find air gestures and then click it, enable what you want. You can uninstall nova and go back to twiz or other launcher and this will stick."

Posted via the Android Central App

Rarry

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Like it says, you can install Nova, set up the shortcut and then uninstall Nova to leave the shortcut working. You're welcome.

Posted via the Android Central App

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Was just playing with this. I tried to put "software updates" in my essentials folder but access was denied. It put the icon on the desktop but would Not let me access from the shortcut. But it would let me put the "about device" in the folder and works fine. I took a screen shot of the directions. Works exceptionally well and I already use NP.

Thanks for sharing Rarry!

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!

mtRoom

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
There's another way to do this using QCustomShortcut, a handy little tool for creating shortcuts to any app on your phone.

You can also use it to change an app's shortcut name, icon, and even skip to certain parts of the app (for instance, going directly to the main menu and skipping the splash-screen). It's free. Just google it.

So this is what you do to create a shortcut to Application Manager:

1. Run QCustomShortcut
  2. Enter a shortcut name of your choice, e.g."App Manager"
  3. Under 'Package', copy-paste the following:
    com.android.settings​
  4. Under 'Class', copy-paste the following:
    com.android.settings.applications.ManageApplications​
  5. Tap any other text-box and you should see the icons appear next to the fields.
  6. Press 'Create shortcut'

You're done! Also, you can tap 'Test' to check that the shortcut works before creating it.

If you want to use QCustomShortcut for other apps and you're not an 'advanced' user, it's actually simpler than it looks.
All you have to do is tap the 'Packages' button and scroll down till you see the app's icon.
Then for the 'Class', just look for one that ends with "MainActivity" or something similar.
Tap 'Test'. If it doesn't work properly, try another Class name. Easy!

WAIT! One last thing! (and I frequently make this mistake)..
If you pressed 'Create Shortcut' but can't see the shortcut anywhere on the 'desktop', its probably because you forgot to give it a name!

Hope I've helped someone.
Happy customising! :cool:

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site

Tj12321

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site
Quick question about nova, do I have to use the launcher if I want to create the shortcut to the app manager, or is there a way to create the shortcut on the page of my main launcher? For the life of me, I just can't figure out how to use Nova! Please help :'(.

John Thimakis

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
If you have nova launcher.
Widgets
Choose =>Nova activities widget
Choose =>settings
Choose =>application manager
This will place an icon called "application manager" on your home screen that will open directly into it.

Bobbee12

Jun 30, 2017
Visit site
On my LG3, I could create the shortcut by long pressing the home screen, then tap widgets option, scroll across to "settings", hold and drag this to home screen. It will then open up the settings menu where you can choose which shortcut to create.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol