A question about the S View flip cover

Nick_1020

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm currently thinking about purchasing an wireless charging S View flip cover but would like to know if has any mechanism to make sure it stays closed?? Something like a magnet or clip or some sort??

I've seen some Spigen magnetic clips for the S View covers so I think that kind of answers my question but not having any experience of the covers, I would like to know for sure please.

Thanks.

George Collins1

May 6, 2014
Visit site
There is nothing to keep it closed. I bought one of those magnetic clip attachments for my Note 3, and it worked well enough. On my Note 4, however, I really haven't found the need in daily use.

Posted via the Android Central App

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm currently thinking about purchasing an wireless charging S View flip cover but would like to know if has any mechanism to make sure it stays closed?? Something like a magnet or clip or some sort??

I've seen some Spigen magnetic clips for the S View covers so I think that kind of answers my question but not having any experience of the covers, I would like to know for sure please.

Thanks.

I have the SView with wireless back and really like it. Its sturdy, and I love the option of taking a pic through the window.

superuser86

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
No, there isn't a clip. the only problem I noticed is if you flip the front door right around on itself, the front cover can have some trouble staying closed. for best results, don't over work the hinge by doing this. They are a good idea. I had some trouble with the wireless charging. The phone charged fine but the battery life suffered. I contacted Samsung and they told me the battery life would be less and they didn't recommend using the wireless cover! I found it made some system apps run and drain the battery. But then I know some people who have had zero trouble. Food for thought...

Nick_1020

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Don't suppose anyone knows where I can get the Note 4 Wireless Charging S-View Flip Cover in the UK please?

Google doesn't provide much help. There's an Amazon page but it's listed as currently unavailable and it doesn't seem to be on the Samsung UK site.

Thanks.

shaleem

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I had the S View Flip cover on my Note 3 and I have it now on my Note 4. In my opinion, it is the best case available for the Note. I've not had any issues with either one that I used. I haven't had any problems with it staying closed.

Nick_1020

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Got my case today. It looks great but I can't work out how to activate unlocking/locking the screen by opening and closing the cover. In the manual it says I must activate the requisite feature on the device but I can't find anything in settings. Could someone point me in the right direction please?

GrassyKnoll312

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Got my case today. It looks great but I can't work out how to activate unlocking/locking the screen by opening and closing the cover. In the manual it says I must activate the requisite feature on the device but I can't find anything in settings. Could someone point me in the right direction please?

Settings > accessories > s view cover

Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Nick_1020

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Settings > accessories > s view cover

Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Thanks. That option wasn't there as I only had dock and audio options but after removing and reattaching the cover, the feature started to work straight away and the S View cover options are in accessories.

Me happy ☺

Thanks again.