Who Has Come From A Nexus 6?

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
So it was down to the Nexus 6 or Note 4 for my next phone. I had decided on the Note since I couldn't find a Nexus. Then the day after Christmas happened and it was available on Motorola. I recently got it and I'm feeling a bit underwhelmed. I'm coming from just about a year of the Nexus 5. I really liked that phone aside from the battery life. But the Nexus 6 just kind of feels like a blown up version of the Nexus 5 just for the sake of making a huge phone.

Due to my underwhelming feelings, I'm now looking at going to something else. The Note and G3 are on my radar. But Note first. Has anyone come from the Nexus? If so, what do you think of the switch?

Thanks!

Azwizzard

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I haven't owned a Nexus 6, but I was debating between it and the Note 4 for a while. I played with both many times trying to decide.

I ended up with the Note 4. The main 2 reasons I went with the Note were 1) MicroSD Card slot (I put a lot of music on my SD cards) 2) The Note 4 pen & associated apps. So far I am very happy with my Note. I've only had it about 3 weeks and I am still figuring out new things on it.

To be completely honest, if the Nexus 6 had a MicroSD card slot, it would have been an whole lot harder decision for me.

fiat3192

May 1, 2014
Visit site
I wanted the nexus 6 but read it had an issue which was a burn in on the screen
So I got the note 4
Plus the nexus 6 is missing ir blaster and media card slot

Posted via the Android Central App

jsgiv

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I was torn between N6 and the note 4 as well..

I really liked the N6 for what it offers (constant updates, front speakers, etc). However the width and height of the device was just slightly too large. What really turned me off was the early reports of battery issues (3-4 SOT, etc.)

What sold me on the note 4 was the multitasking capabilities compared to the other devices out there ... Simply no comparison. Add to that the battery life on the Note 4 is phenomenal (I'm averaging 6-7 hours of SOT.. Or like today.. I'm sitting at 56%, with 2.75 hours SOT, 2.5 hours of calls, and 14 hours standby).

Both are great devices... But glad I finally settled on the Note 4...

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I actually think I preferred my nexus 6 but kept the note 4 because I felt like the nexus 6 wasn't worth the 150 more (got the note on swappa). I prefer the curve of the nexus 6. Even though the note is smaller, it for me, is more cumbersome to hold. Screen and battery on the note 4 are miles better. I also had the g3 and it was a good phone too!

Last edited:

nasc2k

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
I was gonna go for the nexus 6. But then I remembered what note 4 has to offer over nexus...swappable battery, microsd card, multi task, s pen, supposedly faster processor, more accessories, and it's samsung. (I generally like samsung electronics) Am I happy with my choice? Well the store model of the nexus 6 seems to be much faster than my note 4 and I find myself doing anything I can to rid myself of TouchWiz but I think that's just my own personal problem with thinking that everything is better than what I have lol.

Anyways, if you already have nexus 6, just stick with it. If you can get the note 4 without shooting yourself in the foot, why not. They're both great phones and better than most of what anyone else has.

fiat3192

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Maybe the next nexus that comes out will have everything I need and they will fix the screen problem

Bordcla

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
As between the Nexus 6 and the Note 4, I can't help you, as Nexus 6 are nowhere to be seen in the wild here in the Great White North. That said, as much as I was tempted to try and get one after having played with one in a store and really liking the vanilla Google Android on it, I still went with the Note 4. My reasons were that despite the impressive size, the Note 4 is easier to hold, and a more fully-featured phone (swappable battery, SD card, IR, very handy pen that only becomes more handy the more you teach yourself to use it) with an even better screen.

Having had the G3 prior to that, I can assure you that the Note 4 is a step above, unless you are part of the cohorts that can't stand Touchwiz. (For what it's worth, I find the Note 4 to provide a much more fluid, glitch-free experience than the G3; it is quite a refined and well thought-out product, even with Touchwiz.) The phone responds faster, works more seamlessly, and feels much more like a premium device compared to the G3. The Note 4 feels like an upgrade all the way!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac