Note 2 to Note 4 upgrade

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't like the calendar on the 4. The Note 2 showed some text for the day's event, now the Note 4 just shows a green dot. Yes, you can see the event and text by pressing on that day but I liked to see text on a an entire month page.
Smart switch didn't work 100% transferring things either.
Did you try changing the screen to "Month and Agenda" view? This will show you calendar and scheduled appointments written below. I know you said the month view but this will show each days worth of appt.

Also to the OP, I went from the Note 2 to the Note 4. I loved my N2 so much and that is why I skipped the N3. I personally think, going from the N2 to the N4 is a BIG difference! It is much faster, the Spen , which I use for everything is snappier and more function rich and so much more. This may sound trivial to some, but one of the changes I love on the N4 is that you can hit the back button and recent home button with the Spen!

My husband still has the Note 2..... I am the one who picks our phones as I am the one who sets them up and shows him how to use it, so I usually pick the same for both of us or stay one ahead of his. He doesn't use the features like I do. When I have to update or change something for him on his Note 2, I'm like OMG, this is so much slower than my phone. LOL!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-27-15-32-43.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-05-27-15-32-43.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Same here! :) I use the S-Pen all the time so it's awesome being able to use it on the capacitive buttons. It's really spoiled me to the point anytime I now break out my old Note 2 it feels like such a PITA having to reach down with a finger to hit the back or menu keys or worse having to hold the S-Pen off to the side (or put it down all together) to press/hold the physical home button to bring up recent apps. Yuck! :(
Exactly! LOL! I'm totally with you!

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Had the Note 1 skipped the 2, went to a LG G Pro then to a Note 4. A night and day difference from both of my previous phones so yeh. Worth it or wait till September to see what the Note 5 brings.

coldspring22

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Most of posts here were in favor of upgrading from Note 2 to Note 4, so I like to mention some cons. I am considering upgrade of my company phone from Note 2 to Note 4 (for free), but there are some reservations I have:. 1) s-pen writing on Note 4 is lousy compared to s-pen writing on Note 2, which allow free hand multiple lines of scribbling. I have no idea why Samsung decided to get rid of this s-pen feature 2) Bootloader lock/ rooting difficulty on Note 4 is well known. My Galaxy Note 2 didn't even have knox installed on it, and it was snap to root and easy to modify however I want 3) Note 4 battery is oblong instead of being square like Note 2, which will prevent my carrying a spare battery in my wallet. 4) flip case with special grip which allow easy one hand operation is not available for Note 4.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Most of posts here were in favor of upgrading from Note 2 to Note 4, so I like to mention some cons. I am considering upgrade of my company phone from Note 2 to Note 4 (for free), but there are some reservations I have:. 1) s-pen writing on Note 4 is lousy compared to s-pen writing on Note 2, which allow free hand multiple lines of scribbling. I have no idea why Samsung decided to get rid of this s-pen feature 2) Bootloader lock/ rooting difficulty on Note 4 is well known. My Galaxy Note 2 didn't even have knox installed on it, and it was snap to root and easy to modify however I want 3) Note 4 battery is oblong instead of being square like Note 2, which will prevent my carrying a spare battery in my wallet. 4) flip case with special grip which allow easy one hand operation is not available for Note 4.
This is an old thread. The OP was opened on Jan 15, 2015. The last replay before yours was May 27, 2015. I think the OP probably already made a choice.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol