Can I get rid of status icons in the notification bar?

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
One thing that is driving me crazy since switching to a Samsung are all the icons that are always there. I do not need or want the NFC, Bluetooth, or alarm icons present.

Is there a preference setting that I am missing? uploadfromtaptalk1421532410500.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

rvhs03

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
The icons are there as long as NFC/Bluetooth, etc are turned on. I believe the only way to remove them completely would be with root.

Posted via MY Note 4

jd4d

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Go into settings and turn off bluetooth, nfc, and it looks like u have an alarm set and that will eliminate those 3. Same for ur Wifi as well

Posted via the Android Central App

makie

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Issnt that actually normal when you turned those options on? Was the same on my Windows, Android, bb10 and ios phones..

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
One thing that is driving me crazy since switching to a Samsung are all the icons that are always there. I do not need or want the NFC, Bluetooth, or alarm icons present.

Is there a preference setting that I am missing? View attachment 159614

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Delete your alarm that you have set, switch off bluetooth, NFC and wireless, if you don't require them.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I guess I should have stated that I know I could turn the functions off to get rid of the icons, but I want them active. I could have sworn my Maxx did not have those icons present, except maybe the bluetooth. Anyway, they take up a lot of realestate, so was hoping I could get rid of them. As large as the screen is, with everything turned on, there is very little room before notifications overflow. :(

Once there is a way to root my VZW Note, I will root it.

the-sandman

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Without rooting I don't think there is a way to remove them unfortunately. Its annoyed me as well as i've got a pebble connected to my note, so bluetooth is never off.

My old Xperia Z let you remove the status bar icons but Samsung doesn't give you the option.

sonofdavidsfather

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Several people mentioned that it is possible with root, without saying how you remove the icons if you are already rooted. I have my GS5 rooted and am really missing my gs3 with Cyanogenmod. So if anyone could point me in the right direction on removing the status bar icons oncenter you have root, it would be greatly appreciated.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I guess I should have stated that I know I could turn the functions off to get rid of the icons, but I want them active. I could have sworn my Maxx did not have those icons present, except maybe the bluetooth. Anyway, they take up a lot of realestate, so was hoping I could get rid of them. As large as the screen is, with everything turned on, there is very little room before notifications overflow. :(

Once there is a way to root my VZW Note, I will root it.

The only way without rooting that I have found is to use Nova Prime launcher. You can hide the whole status bar at the top.

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
It was the same way with the Galaxy S3...there's no way to turn them off, and it sucks. I don't need to be reminded that NFC and BT are on. I know they're on. I turned them on. I never turn them off. I wish they let us turn off the icons so they're not filling up the notification bar. I'd like to turn off the AM/PM indicator, too. I know the difference between morning and night...I don't need constant reminders from my phone.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Nova Launcher, settings hide status bar. Not the solution but it's a way to go without rooting

Steve M2

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
Solution... from ur play store, download "Clean Status Bar"... you will need to play around with the in app settings... I was able to hide all status notifications with the exception of the (time status)... while still in the settings of this app... u have the option to turn the back ground of the notification status area to any color u want, hint I turned my background black and the (time status) also black... conclusion, my entire notification status or indicator bar is completely black... I have zero status icons showing...

Last edited:

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Solution... from ur play store, down load (Clean Status Bar)... you will need to play around with the in app settings... I was able to hide all status notifications with the exception of the (time status)... while still in the settings of this app... u have the option to turn the back ground of the notification status area to any color u want, hint I turned my background black and the (time status) also black... conclusion, my entire notification status or indicator bar is completely black... I have zero status icons showing...

I was going to recommend that too but I didn't think you could have an active clock with that.

This is a great solution but, I'd really like to keep my clock active. Is this the app you are trying too?
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...?id=com.emmaguy.cleanstatusbar&token=XZvXCxaC

It always shows a fake clock.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz