Notification LED Light not working. Causes?

akutch34

Trusted Member
May 26, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed for the past few weeks that my notification LED light isn't working.... not for any app. Not Facebook, missed calls, Instagram, Textra, Messenger, etc.

I dialed the "*#0#* and selected LED, the light worked for each Red, Blue and Green. So, the light does work, I just don't know why it isn't active anymore.

I switch back and forth between Google Messenger and Textra every couple of months, in case that is need to know?

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

qbnkelt

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Yes it would be useful to other folks who might have the same question.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤

dlgus

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Actually, it WAS useful...I just noticed yesterday that my notification LED didn't appear to be working...came across this thread...looked in settings, and lo and behold MY LED was unchecked.

Posted via the Android Central App on my AMAZING Note 4

Midnite25

May 28, 2015
Visit site
I just recently updated my phone to Lollipop. Now i found out that LED indicators are no longer working. Well, if it's charging it shows red light. But for the notifications like texts or missed calls, which should be normally turned into blue, it wont. The proximity sensor isnt working as well. Another thing, when i tried to edit a picture (on the default camera and folder) i clicked save but the edited is nowhere to be found. Im getting frustrated with the issues im facing right now. Anyone who had the same exp like mine? There were people who do not have problems when they updated to 5.0 but some do. Why is that? Please help. Thanks in advance!

Araceli Pazos

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
I've noticed for the past few weeks that my notification LED light isn't working.... not for any app. Not Facebook, missed calls, Instagram, Textra, Messenger, etc.

I dialed the "*#0#* and selected LED, the light worked for each Red, Blue and Green. So, the light does work, I just don't know why it isn't active anymore.

I switch back and forth between Google Messenger and Textra every couple of months, in case that is need to know?

PublicImageLtd

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site

I'm in power save mode, so mine are off automatically. Check to see if you're in power save mode.

Posted via the Android Central App

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
This was very helpful. Can't believe it was that simple. Curious on how it was turned off in the first place!

nuraman00

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
The setting for the notification led was unchecked. Simple fix this time.

Thanks.

I noticed my LED wasn't working the past few days.

I had just gotten the phone back from a repair shop. I suspected they had done something or didn't put the phone back together correctly.

Instead, it was the solution above. The notification LED was unchecked for some reason.

Not sure how it got unchecked. I never gave the repair shop access to unlock my phone, as they didn't need it to perform the repair. So I don't think they could have changed the settings.