The protective coating is rubbing off my screen! It's from the S-view case...

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm not happy about this. I've had a factory SView case since I first got the phone. I have really enjoyed this case, surprisingly, but now I'm noticing that the case appears to be rubbing off a spot of the protective coating. It's about the size of a quarter, in the lower right area of the screen, if holding it in portrait orientation.

Is anybody else having this problem? I baby my phones, and so this is very frustrating. Seems like someone should have to replace this screen, seeing as this is a Samsung brand case on a new phone. Who should I call?

Posted via the Android Central App

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I can't figure out how to edit my post from the app. The title should say "rubbing"

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I should be able to post a pic in a little bit. I got the phone on launch day directly from Verizon, and the case from Best Buy within that same week or so

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Ok, now this is funny. False alarm. I cleaned the screen yesterday with some of that TV display cleaner spray and a microfiber towel, and it didn't get rid of the spot. Just now as I was cleaning it for a picture, I used a different microfiber towel, and just my moist breath, and it took it right off.

Must have been some grease or something that the cover just kept smearing in.

Sorry Samsung! All is well

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Ok, now this is funny. False alarm. I cleaned the screen yesterday with some of that TV display cleaner spray and a microfiber towel, and it didn't get rid of the spot. Just now as I was cleaning it for a picture, I used a different microfiber towel, and just my moist breath, and it took it right off.

Must have been some grease or something that the cover just kept smearing in.

Sorry Samsung! All is well

Hehe. Glad it's not a problem then :D
See you around the forums!

Raihala

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
I bought a new S5 and direct from Samsung I bought the wallet flip cover case with the credit card pocket in it. The back is stamped with the word Samsung and the front is stamped with the word GalaxyS5.
:eek:
I love to keep my phone screen pristine and this seemed to me to be the answer.
:cool:
I never put anything in the credit card slot inside the cover. I love how slim this setup is and I can talk on the phone without opening the cover.
;)
Now to the point. After a few months there appeared a line rubbed into my screen exactly at the level of the top slit or edge of the credit card slot. This is not a smear but an actual abrasion line permanently cut across the screen.
:eek:
I contacted Samsung support and they said I should have used a screen protector and that was the end of the conversation.
:mad:
Why should I need a screen protector with a leather flip cover?
If I need one why wasn't there a warning or suggestion on the package?
Can I get this issue fixed by Samsung?
My phone is not pristine anymore. Because of this I am no longer a Samsung fan and will be considering other options in the future.
:confused:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo