family locator apps

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone had any luck with any of the family locator apps? Just wondering how accurate they are

Sent from my beautiful white NOTE 4!!

terobaje

Tero Baje
Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone had any luck with any of the family locator apps? Just wondering how accurate they are

Find Friends was just a good program for iPhone. Since switching, I have been using Life360. It is slow at times and interface is crappy.

exdrinker

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Life 360 is great. I just checked mine and the 11 people had accuracy ranges from 16' - 213'(iphone 4S). Nearly all were well under 100'. They are accurate enough to locate people in large crowded places like Disney World, walk to the location, and find them in the crowd. Also, there is notification options for leaving and arriving at destinations. It is a very useful app.

Chris Beaudoin

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site

I use an app called "status" the icon looks like an owl waring glasses. very low battery consumption. Also it is accurate with in 9 feet. me and my wife use it. Also has alarms to tell you when they get home, leave home, are driving and you can set up to 6 custom locations to receive alerts. We love it.

May The note 4's be with you

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I think I'm going to give Status a try. I'm alright with Life360 but lately it's been killing my battery.

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Status is pretty cool, but the one annoying thing I found with it is it sometimes takes a while for it to update the location of a person. That's kinda missing the point.

Now I'm trying the Google+ one to see if it's any good.

Posted via the Android Central App

Tatiana Protasova2

Jan 28, 2016
Visit site
May I suggest GeoZilla Family Locator?
GeoZilla lets you:
• Know where your kids are
• Be informed when they arrive or leave
• Communicate with mutual knowledge of each other’s location
• Share experiences as you send photos of your day
GeoZilla_Family_Locator_App.png
As a member of the GeoZilla team, I would appreciate you giving it a try and sharing your feedback!

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
May I suggest GeoZilla Family Locator?
GeoZilla lets you:
•Know where your kids are
•Be informed when they arrive or leave
•Communicate with mutual knowledge of each other’s location
•Share experiences as you send photos of your day
View attachment 214740
As a member of the GeoZilla team, I would appreciate you giving it a try and sharing your feedback!

I have already tried geozilla. The locator was way off

Posted via the Android Central App

Tatiana Protasova2

Jan 28, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for your reply!
We are constantly working on improving the accuracy without compromising the battery. So in case you've tried GeoZilla a month or so ago, chances are that updating the app will help.
When you are on the home screen, try refreshing the location manually refresh.png. This is something we do in order to keep the phone's battery from draining, while the location is transmitted continuously in the background.
Also, sometimes your phone GPS module or wi-fi spot you are connected to provides inaccurate locations.
Can you check what location would your phone native Google Map app (or any other map) show? If it shows the same wrong location, that is the reason. You might fix it by switching your phone off and on.
Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for giving our app a try!

Amy Duchesne

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site

The best family locator app is Life360. It has such pinpoint accuracy that it will even show what part of the building my son is in when the arrow points on his apartment building. I love my app. The free version is awesome but I like the paid $4 version because my husband and I have roadside assistance among other perks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power