Suspicious Apps You Can't Turn Off

UniQue WerkX

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Try Firefox browser with Adblock addon.
I do use Firefox with ad block plus. It's quite slooooow some times and hangs. There's also bluhell ad blocker. However, the ones I'm talking about block all ads on your device. Thanks for reply!

Just remembered Ad block plus has an apk for that.... and it's working pretty good.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JohnCorleoneXDA

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
If you are rooted and have ROM Toolbox Pro, you can go into App Settings and long press on system apps and some have very intrusive abilities like being able to access your emails and the emails of the people who you have sent them to and far worse

JohnCorleoneXDA

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I have several screenshots that I am trying to post but I am unable to get them to upload. Look into s9me of the "test" system apps. If your phone is asleep, it can be woken up, screen unlocked, speakerphones activated and audio recorded all by remote and its apparently legal. So is altering emails and calendar events

qbnkelt

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: Woke up this morning with 4 new "Crap Apps" installed on my phone.

Is DT Ignite on iPhone also?

Posted via the Android Central App

Nope. Not on my beautiful white Note 4 either.
I'm on AT&T.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

UniQue WerkX

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Ha ha yeah..... now this is Samsung TV but it still makes you wonder.

" Please be aware that if your spoken words include personal or other sensitive information, that information will be among the data captured and transmitted to a third party through your use of Voice Recognition. "

http://techcrunch.com/2015/02/08/telescreen/

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Ha ha yeah..... now this is Samsung TV but it still makes you wonder.

" Please be aware that if your spoken words include personal or other sensitive information, that information will be among the data captured and transmitted to a third party through your use of Voice Recognition. "

http://techcrunch.com/2015/02/08/telescreen/

That's scary the reason why my new TV will never be connected to the Internet and without connecting it there is no spy option.

Just freezed the sound app and removed all permissions with xprivacy pro.

As far as that DT app in Austria such an app would never make in the phone because carriers would get sued left and right. I would definitely ask the FTCC about that.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Suddenly the last couple days.... When I unlock my phone Ads are popping up! I have no idea what has created this all of a sudden.... Any help would be appreciated!
Also here are a couple things running in the app manager that I'm not sure if they should be there or not. I have no idea what that Ant update is as it is not an app listed in my apps on my phone, yet shows in my update list?

Attachments

• 1423840161208.jpg
    1423840161208.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 39
  • 1423840172616.jpg
    1423840172616.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 39
  • 1423840193465.jpg
    1423840193465.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

tcseacliff

May 5, 2013
Visit site
they get around that by putting it in the user agreement,so if you don't want this to happen, don't use the app. most will have this ,so it is a no win situation.

Psclc39

May 15, 2016
Visit site
I never turn on the wifi long enough for my Samsung Galaxy S5 Active to update all of the crap that can only be updated via the wifi, but recently we had a miscommunication with our carrier and our service was temporarily interrupted. . The only way to connect to anything was with our house wifi, and in the process it updated as much as it possibly could until service was restored, and now all of a sudden I have this "baby crying detector" app on here, with no way to shut it off or Uninstall... I'm pretty paranoid about whether or not these apps are spying on us to begin with, but this has pushed me over the edge..

BigBroIsMyLittleBro

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
It is messed up and I feel your pain and paranoia.
When I physically went into Verizon and had it checked they thought I was nuts until they saw it and tried to rid it. Same with the flashlight app. At least the baby monitor app was showing. The flashlight one was well hidden and they never did find it. But my camera video recorder came on at the perfect time so they could tell it was there somewhere....flash came on too.
That did go away with factory reset...but not the baby one. It's still on that phone that I use for the camera. Probably still being listened to by my sicko little brother!-

SscoootzZ

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Confirmed: did not totally buy into all that I was reading. I did find DT Ignite in Application Manager and turned it off on my non-rooted VZW S7E, using the built-in non-root method. Currently the app state reads: "Disabled." We'll see if it stays that way. I got interested in this thread when I noticed "Cookie Jam" and "News Republic" were installed covertly today. FYI: many launcher replacement apps will notify when new apps are installed, ie: my launcher drawer icon flashes with new installs (I use - and am quite fond of - Next Launcher). So that's my 2 cents' worth. Thanks for reading.
Cheers, Scott

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20