Suspicious Apps You Can't Turn Off

UniQue WerkX

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Any body else find these on there Note 4's?
One is Sound detector, can't be disabled and has these following
cad5eca71ba21335ab3de000d714fc4b.jpg

bafa7f20e3626837f4f70fd459e18702.jpg

f5e20e30b705548bea43832dd58ff065.jpg

Has the ability to record audio and video without your conformation.

Then there's IMSLogger+

This app can't be disabled
65ecfafce19b7e0a6cec13f6e4d89363.jpg

Like the other app, has the ability to modify calander events and send email to guests without the owners knowledge....
5c2ea57cc6948de45a65db5ee99a7a59.jpg

anyone else paying attention to this stuff? And yet we pay a lot of money for these phones but we don't have the ability to uninstalling or disable this crap? And we're not supposed to root the phones and just accept apps like DT Ignite that has the ability to install apps without our consent?

Makes me want to either root the phone our just sell it and get an old flip phone.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

palandri

Apr 30, 2009
Visit site
That's pretty crazy that you can't turn it off.

I found this:
Sound detectors: Building on the ... interesting addition of a "Baby crying detector" on the Galaxy S5, the Note 4 also includes a "Doorbell detector" that will notify your attached Samsung Gear smartwatch when a doorbell is heard by your phone. To make this work, simply place your phone within 10 feet of your doorbell, presumably in a place that isn't necessarily filled with ambient noise. When the phone detects that the doorbell has rung, you'll be notified. Turning on Doorbell detector disables any S Voice or Google Now always listening features you may have enabled.

palandri

Apr 30, 2009
Visit site
It really doesn't seem like a legal application you could load on a phone that you can't turn off. If you can't get a legitimate answer on this application, I would take it the FCC and see what they have to say about it.

UptownWebhead

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I've never noticed or seen any of those icons in my old S5. I would definitely consider doing a factory reset and see if they still appear. They look highly suspicious.

Posted via the Android Central App

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Any body else find these on there Note 4's? anyone else paying attention to this stuff? And yet we pay a lot of money for these phones but we don't have the ability to uninstalling or disable this crap? And we're not supposed to root the phones and just accept apps like DT Ignite that has the ability to install apps without our consent?

Makes me want to either root the phone our just sell it and get an old flip phone.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
I did find the DT Ignite a few months ago when setting up and deleting what I didn't want. I turned that off.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-24-12-44-38.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-01-24-12-44-38.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 529

BrockS.

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Root your phone assuming you are on a carrier where that is possible. I just looked this up in settings, then opened up Titanium Back up, backed it up, then froze it. I will keep an eye out to see if anything I use regularly has been affected by it being disabled.

posted from an undisclosed device

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Just in time for the tin foil hat business I was starting.. Excellent.

I suspect you mean aluminum foil as tin foil hasn't been available to the public for many decades. But I do love a good laugh about yet another conspiracy theory LOL

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Just this morning I woke up with 4 new apps installed on my phone without my knowledge. Cookie Jam, Panda Pop, Uber and Clean Master.

What can I do to prevent this? It must have been this thread. :p

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Disable DT Ignite.
That app is a back door that the carriers can use to install any app without permission. They use it to install apps so they get a kickback from vendors.

Where can I get one of those tin foil hats. I prefer tin, the new aluminum ones don't work as well. :confused:

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Re: Woke up this morning with 4 new "Crap Apps" installed on my phone.

Disable DT Ignite.
That app is a back door for the phone provider to let them sneak in apps without you knowing.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Re: Woke up this morning with 4 new "Crap Apps" installed on my phone.

Disable DT Ignite.
That app is a back door for the phone provider to let them sneak in apps without you knowing.

I believe that I do have it disabled. I'll have to check it again.

I have not installed any new apps in quite some time.

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
All of those apps will be there even if you do a factory reset.
I saw them and also did a factory reset and they come right back.

That DT Ignite needs to be disabled as well. It allows carriers to install anything they want.
DT Ignite installs cookie jam, pandapop, etc delete / disable all those.

This has been one of my complaints about the samsung line of phones. They do crap like this more than Any other vendor.
You can't get rid of any of it unless you root and freeze or whatever. (I don't root, so I don't understand how to explain it)

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Disable DT Ignite.
That app is a back door that the carriers can use to install any app without permission. They use it to install apps so they get a kickback from vendors.

Where can I get one of those tin foil hats. I prefer tin, the new aluminum ones don't work as well. :confused:

Insane! As much as the Note 4/Edge costs, this should definitely be an option!

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Insane! As much as the Note 4/Edge costs, this should definitely be an option!

They were optional for me. They are "gifts" from Samsung for purchasing the phone and DT Ignite does install them, but once I deleted them they have not come back and I have not "turned off" DT Ignite. If you don't want to use DT Ignite simply "turn it off" in Application Manager, clear the phone's cache, and you are good to go.
You can also go into the APP STORE under My Apps and remove the unwanted apps from your list. Without an app on your personal list it shouldn't ever be automatically re-installed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol