new note 4 owner by complete mistake

sloppygti

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Call me crazy but this story is something else.

I upgraded my s4 to a note 3 a year ago through the att next plan . I was looking into getting the note 4 the past few weeks . which would of had me pay 190 dollars to finish out my next plan contract. Eh not a big deal same as renewing a 2 year contract. Well last Friday I destroyed my note 3 screen and went to the att store to get options on a replacement since I had factory warranty and insurance.
Well I had to file a claim through att phone insurance company so I proceeded to file one that night.
Well that was a measly 99 bucks for the detuctable. It was shipped surpizingly overnight and I received it yesterday (Saturday) well I was out shopping with the wife so I had to wait all day with no phpne... Tourtue lol....
Well we cone home I open the box start taking out the battery and stuff from my old phone and I see the phone box inside this fed ex box. Its a note 4 32gig I said well I'm sure they just packaged it in the wrong box. So I open it and to my surpise its a black note 4 32gig brand new never opened. I said holy ****. And proceeded to not believe it..

Well I log into my att accound and look at my bill which was already updated with the note 4 stock picture it says note 4 on my profile and the craziest thing is I still have a upgrade in a few months unless I decide to pay 190 to finish out my contract. So all in all im pretty sure I just got a freaking fee upgrade to a black 32gig note 4

Posted via the Android Central App

bbmjack

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site

I upgraded my s4 to a note 3 a year ago through the att next plan . I was looking into getting the note 4 the past few weeks . which would of had me pay 190 dollars to finish out my next plan contract. Eh not a big deal same as renewing a 2 year contract. Well last Friday I destroyed my note 3 screen and went to the att store to get options on a replacement since I had factory warranty and insurance.
Well I had to file a claim through att phone insurance company so I proceeded to file one that night.
Well that was a measly 99 bucks for the detuctable. It was shipped surpizingly overnight and I received it yesterday (Saturday) well I was out shopping with the wife so I had to wait all day with no phpne... Tourtue lol....
Well we cone home I open the box start taking out the battery and stuff from my old phone and I see the phone box inside this fed ex box. Its a note 4 32gig I said well I'm sure they just packaged it in the wrong box. So I open it and to my surpise its a black note 4 32gig brand new never opened. I said holy ****. And proceeded to not believe it..

Well I log into my att accound and look at my bill which was already updated with the note 4 stock picture it says note 4 on my profile and the craziest thing is I still have a upgrade in a few months unless I decide to pay 190 to finish out my contract. So all in all im pretty sure I just got a freaking fee upgrade to a black 32gig note 4

Maybe fixing the screen is almost as new phone price
You lucky got nice upgrade earlier

psn: zaid-zozo-xx-28

sloppygti

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah maybe idk. I mean I know if you claim an old phone through insurance and they dont have ones to replace it with they will send you an upgraded version but the note 3 isn't that old. It was definitely a surprise to me

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
They have been sending note 4s recently for damaged note 3s. Very nice for you. That's awesome! Enjoy that beast.

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
That happened with my daughter's iphone. She had a 4s and we had to do an insurance claim. Assurion didn't have any of those so they sent her a new 5s (this was before the 6 was announced). She was pretty happy. I think it all depends what kind of stock they have.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Same thing happen to me and I had the Note 2, insurance ships me a Note 4 replacement. It really pays to have insurance.

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
So my wife dropped her beloved Droid Maxx and cracked the screen. I filed a claim with Asurion and they promptly sent a replacement. Unfortuately it had a small mark on the screen so I had them replace with another. We'll this one had a bad sim port. I called and was fortunate enough to get a sympathetic ear. The customer service rep agreed to send a brand new Maxx due to the past issues. After several minutes she came back on the line and said they did not have a new Droid Maxx, how about a new Ultra? I said, "no thanks, how about a Turbo"? After gigling a bit she asked me to wait a minute. Came back on the line and said she shipped a new Droid Turbo. Best $90 I have spent in a long time!

bgbagz

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Nice... This how I was introduced to the Samsung Galaxy line.... From an HTC Sensation

Asurioncares

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi sloppygti,

We’re glad to hear that you received your replacement phone! Its our goal to replace with like make or model. Occasionally, like make and model may not be available, so we may send a comparable model that is available at the time of your claim. In your case, that means an upgrade! Let us know if we can assist you with anything else. Have a great day and enjoy!

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

Fantastic! Enjoy the Fabulous Note 4!

Hi sloppygti,

We’re glad to hear that you received your replacement phone! Its our goal to replace with like make or model. Occasionally, like make and model may not be available, so we may send a comparable model that is available at the time of your claim. In your case, that means an upgrade! Let us know if we can assist you with anything else. Have a great day and enjoy!
Great Customer Service!

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Seems like a great deal for you! They probably didn't have a N3 for you, so, in an effort to make you whole, did the right thing and gave you a courtesy upgrade. Hooray for you!

Posted via Android Central App

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
How often do you get more than you expect these days?? I have the same insurance but have never had to use it, nice to know they treat their customers well. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12