Fingerprint Scanner

Ventura726

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if this is old news or not, but I just discovered you can register your fingerprint by swiping upwards instead of downwards like it instructs you. I have always been annoyed with how difficult the sensor unlock was, especially with a case that has a lip on the bottom of the screen. Well I decided to try it the reverse way and I found it works much better. I hit the home button with my right thumb and then swipe up and it works I'd say 9/10 times on the first try as opposed to about 6/10 times the other way. Maybe everybody knew this already but I've never seen it mentioned so hopefully it helps someone!

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if this is old news or not, but I just discovered you can register your fingerprint by swiping upwards instead of downwards like it instructs you. I have always been annoyed with how difficult the sensor unlock was, especially with a case that has a lip on the bottom of the screen. Well I decided to try it the reverse way and I found it works much better. I hit the home button with my right thumb and then swipe up and it works I'd say 9/10 times on the first try as opposed to about 6/10 times the other way. Maybe everybody knew this already but I've never seen it mentioned so hopefully it helps someone!

That's a good tip. Going to try it later.

StaticidePT

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Wow thats crazy lol I tried it and it actually does work really well. Had a lip on my device from the case and it made things pretty tough but its great to know that now swiping it up can make things that much easier!

Posted via the Android Central App

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Had my Note 4 for about 4 months now, thought I knew everything there was to know about it until now! Brilliant tip. My thumbs naturally wants to swipe up, not down so when you're holding the device with one hand, swiping up is so much easier.

CNTSTPDRMN

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Just tried the upward registration and this tip looks like a keeper! Thanks for posting about this, the upwards scale works great!

Posted via the Android Central App

terobaje

Tero Baje
Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I registered my fingerprints swiping downward but I have been able to unlock the phone by swiping the same finger upward. It works both ways.

dedhedAndy

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Great tip! Thank you!
Upwards swipe is working much better. Been playing around with it all morning. I may begin to use the finger scanner now.
I love learning something new about my Note 4 that makes my life easier. Thanks again for the great tip.

Posted via Galaxy Note 4

lowboydrvr

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I registered my fingerprints swiping downward but I have been able to unlock the phone by swiping the same finger upward. It works both ways.

I just tried to swipe up on mine (Verizon model) and it gave me a message to "Swipe downward" and flashed a red "X" over the fingerprint icon overlaid with an up arrow. It seems to know if I was swiping up or down. Pretty smart tech.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith