Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Text Message Issues Please Help

john kelly 1970

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
Guys,

Thank you for taking the time to look at my post, new to the Note 4 and have a couple of issues with text messages.
1) When I type a large text after so many characters the text message automatically switches to a MMS message, on my old Sony Z1 I could type twice as much before it changed to a MMS message and some of the people I text to miss my MMS messages, can I increase the text message character size before it goes over to a MMS and where can I do this?
2) If I get a text message and look at the message and then leave it on the contacts message and do not go back to the message list, if the same person text me again and I have turned off the phone I do not get a notification that I got another text message from the same person, the only way to get a notification from the same person is not to leave the message on that persons name, no other phone has ever done this, what have I not turned on or off in the settings.

Please help.

sstephen17

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
If you are using the default messaging app, you can adjust the text size by using the volume up/down buttons. If that doesn't work, you can enable it in settings I believe.

john kelly 1970

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for your reply, I am not looking to increase the size of the text or change the font, I am looking to increase the amount of words and letters I can use in a message before it switches over to a MMS message.

on the side it goes from 160/1 then once I have used 160 characters it goes to 160/2 then 160/3 but once I have types more the 480 characters it switches to a MMS message, I want it to use more characters before it switches to a MMS.

Hope this make sense.