picture gallery shows black corrupted files

Kim McClanahan

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
When I take pictures with my note 4 sometimes my pictures will be fine and sometimes it shows as black corrupted pics in my gallery. Videos and pictures. I can not get my pictures back. I've factory reset and it worked for a while but it's acting up again. Anyone else have this issue?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are the photos saving to Internal Storage or to the microSD card? If it's the SD card, the files are probably corrupting, either due to a bad SD card or a glitchy SD interface (which seems to be more common on Samsung). Try changing the default save location to Internal Storage and see if the problems persist.

BB_Junky

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Went through this myself ,it wasn't long after I had to format my card.

Sent from the device that works best for me using Tapatalk HD

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I think you'll find that most SD card do NOT work well in the Note 4, yielding the same issue you're now seeing. The only card that I was able to get to work reliably was a "Samsung" branded SD card. Others have had other card work for them, but I tried 4 different brands and had all fail before trying the Samsung.

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I had 2 Sandisk cards fail, and based on other threads, so have others. The cards that failed with me were Lexar, Sandisk, AData and one other brand that I can't recall.