Note 4 sending videos

C5p0

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
How come when I send videos it's so crappy quality like those low budget taliban videos and YouTube 56k status..

I was able to send crystal clear videos from my iPhone..
Also another problem is how come it only sends one picture at a time to each recipient? I can't send more than one? What's up with this issue

Thanks Galaxy family

Posted via the Android Central App

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
How come when I send videos it's so crappy quality like those low budget taliban videos and YouTube 56k status..

I was able to send crystal clear videos from my iPhone..
Also another problem is how come it only sends one picture at a time to each recipient? I can't send more than one? What's up with this issue

Thanks Galaxy family

Depending on how you send it, it's most likely due to compression. The note 4 vids are higher resolution so they take more compression to get down to a file size big enough to transmit. This greatly affects quality. Facebook pictures are another example. The iPhone's lower MP count allow pictures to look better on Facebook because they don't have to compress them as much.

You can lower your video quality a little and it should improve. Hope that helps.

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 4

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
It's also a function of iMessage. iOS devices can utilize iMessage to send media faster and at higher resolution.

Android devices still stick with MMS and the carriers to deliver media, which further reduces the file size limit.

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I am in the same boat. If it isn't something important (which is most of the pictures I take), I use the 6mp 16:9 setting, and low resolution video. They still look good on the phone.

Also, if you use the Verizon sms app, the video trimmer helps if you just want to send a little snippet.

sirCLD

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
It's also a function of iMessage. iOS devices can utilize iMessage to send media faster and at higher resolution.

Android devices still stick with MMS and the carriers to deliver media, which further reduces the file size limit.

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk

If you want to compare your iPhone with MMS on Android...then use MMS on iPhone, not iMessage. Have you tried Hangouts?

Posted via the Android Central App using the Note 4

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
If you want to compare your iPhone with MMS on Android...then use MMS on iPhone, not iMessage. Have you tried Hangouts?

Not comparing, just providing the information.

I don't have an iPhone. I'm stuck with the same limits as any other android user.

Hangouts definitely has similar features, but it is hampered by limited adoption from users.

iMessage, on the other hand, is built in to the OS.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

He actually provided the OP his answer. The videos look like crap because on Android it is going over MMS (the carrier) and they dumb the video down hard core --- Whereas iPhone to iPhone uses iMessage so therefore .. it retains the way better quality since the video isn't going through the carrier's MMS.