How do I transfer files from my Note 4 to my Macbook Pro?

Cafox74

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Transfer Files

First I love my Note 4, but it does not like my MacBook Pro. I had a Note 2 before I upgraded to the Note 4, and I was using Android File Transfer to transfer Music and Photos back and forth from my phone to my Mac and it worked great. Since I got my note 4 November of last year, Android File transfer doesn't work with Note 4. I have also tried Web pc and I got a message after getting the App in Google Play saying that the app is not compatible with Note 4. Does anyone no of another way to transfer files from Note 4 to MacBook. I think since Apple stopped using Google Maps on Iphone, Google decided to make Android phones non compatible with Macs, changing the software for the Note 4 from previous Notes. Now we must change our third party apps to make MacBook compatible with Note 4.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: Transfer Files

My first thought for your issue is to use a cloud service like Dropbox, Google Drive, or Skydrive. I actually use all 3 for one reason or another. Mostly Dropbox.

Posted via the Android Central App from the beast A.K.A. Note 4.

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site

If you use iTunes for your music, you can try using isync, though that is more of a syncing service and not really drag and drop.

You could also try wifi media sync by 8-bit, what it does is that you set a folder on your Mac as the folder you want synced to your phone then just copy the files to that folder and sync, all the files in that folder will then be copied over to your note.

Another option is you can get a microsd card and drag and drop your files there and then put that into your note.

calebleesdad

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
I am not having issues syncing my note 4 with my macbook. Android File Transfer works fine for me but I'm still using OSX 10.7 Lion. This might be a mavericks or Yosemite issue? If you don't want to use the cloud as an option for workaround, you could transfer directly to SD card like the last poster suggested. That would a pain to do regularly though.

Posted via the Android Central App

leerandall

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site

First I love my Note 4, but it does not like my MacBook Pro. I had a Note 2 before I upgraded to the Note 4, and I was using Android File Transfer to transfer Music and Photos back and forth from my phone to my Mac and it worked great. Since I got my note 4 November of last year, Android File transfer doesn't work with Note 4. I have also tried Web pc and I got a message after getting the App in Google Play saying that the app is not compatible with Note 4. Does anyone no of another way to transfer files from Note 4 to MacBook. I think since Apple stopped using Google Maps on Iphone, Google decided to make Android phones non compatible with Macs, changing the software for the Note 4 from previous Notes. Now we must change our third party apps to make MacBook compatible with Note 4.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You could also download and use ES File Explorer on your Note 4 to transfer files to and from the Mac over your local network.

andrewg13

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I just tried with my N4 and Mac Book Pro 10.10.2 Yosemite and all is working fine. Can you post up all your software versions.

Also check your USB settings. Open dial pad and dial *#0808# this should bring up USB settings. See if MTP is set.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1422767211478.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1422767211478.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 38
Last edited by a moderator:

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site

Are the files you are trying to transfer on the external SD card, or are they in internal storage?

Cafox74

May 19, 2011
Visit site

I am using OS X 10.9.5. My phone is set on MTP+ABD, I tried setting it to MTP only but then it would not let me tether the phone to the Mac to get on the internet. I do know about putting the SD into an adapter and putting it directly into my Mac, it is just a hassle to get the phone out of the armor protector.
Thank You for all the replies everyone

leerandall

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site

Could you tell me how you do this?

I do this with my Windows PC by sharing my PC's drives, then in ES File Explorer on my Note 4, under Networks->Lan, I select my PC, and all my PC's shared drives show up there. I have to believe you can do the equivalent with a Mac, but I don't have a Mac, so I can't give you the steps to share drives from it. Hopefully someone else here can supply that info for you.

gpo1956

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site

I do this with my Windows PC by sharing my PC's drives, then in ES File Explorer on my Note 4, under Networks->Lan, I select my PC, and all my PC's shared drives show up there. I have to believe you can do the equivalent with a Mac, but I don't have a Mac, so I can't give you the steps to share drives from it. Hopefully someone else here can supply that info for you.

Thanks very much! I'll give it a try.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

On a Windows computer, you simply plug it into a USB port, open file explorer and drag and drop what you want. You don't need any extra software because you can browse the folders using what Windows already has built in.

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site

Also check your USB settings. Open dial pad and dial *#0808# this should bring up USB settings. See if MTP is set.

Is there a comprehensive list of these dial pad commands someplace? I sure would like to use these when I need.

hozefatijori

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
Now its all wireless.

Install PhotoSync app on both your macbook and mobile and then you can quickly transfer pics between the devices using this app. I love this because its free too.

I hope this helps

Regards,
Hozefa

Brew Swayne

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site

I'm an avid supporter of AirDroid for file/photo transfers and iSyncr for music transfers. AirDroid is subscription based ($20/yr I beleive) but it's well worth the money, imo. iSyncr is free, but for a 1 time purchase ($5) you can get the pro version which supports wireless transfer. I've got a Mac and they work wonderfully with it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699