Note 4 and 64 bit support

Porkchopexpress1969

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
Is there another version of the note 4 coming to the US. Read and article saying that SD 810 would be in the Note 4. And it was official from Samsung. Anyone hear that?

:)

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It's not official, it's just a rumor. And Samsung has been very open about their issues with the 810 (overheating), so it's unlikely that they'll use it on the S6, let alone a 'new' Note 4.
Report says that Samsung won't use Snapdragon 810 in Galaxy S6, overheating issues to blame | Android Central

The Exynos-powered model, however, is in theory 64-bit ready but it's only running in 32-bit mode, and Samsung has said that it plans to stay that way even with the Lollipop update, at least for now.

Porkchopexpress1969

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
There was recent article on Knowyourmobile that said it was official. Sort of new to the Android world so I was sure what is fact and crap. I would post a link but i dont have enough points yet.

I think I'm getting caught up in the lino like future proofing and stuff like that. I'm waiting to hear, about the S6 if that doesn't meet my needs then the Note 4 I will get.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
It's not official, it's just a rumor. And Samsung has been very open about their issues with the 810 (overheating), so it's unlikely that they'll use it on the S6, let alone a 'new' Note 4.
Report says that Samsung won't use Snapdragon 810 in Galaxy S6, overheating issues to blame | Android Central

The Exynos-powered model, however, is in theory 64-bit ready but it's only running in 32-bit mode, and Samsung has said that it plans to stay that way even with the Lollipop update, at least for now.

The overheating is also not an official statement from Samsung. I doubt we'll see a Note 4 with an 810 in the US, but it wouldn't surprise me for an international release

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Lollipop 5.0.2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49