How to change internet browser?

Nadsamsung

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

Got a Note 4 a few weeks ago (new to android).

When first tapping the bottom internet app I chose the default option to apply "always" instead of google chrome.

Anywho, not really a fan of the default browser and the prefer the way google chrome works.

Now...I would like to change it back so when I tap my internet app it opens in google chrome as well as everything else including web page shortcuts etc. on my phone.

I've gone into settings > default applications and put chrome in there - I have noticed I am given an option but only when someone sends me a web page link.

I've also gone into settings > application manager > all > internet and cleared data, cache and defaults (as others have said to do). But when I tap my internet app and other web shortcuts on my screen it is still going to the Samsung default engine.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

bat0nas

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
Try to reinstall Chrome. I think reinstalling it will let you choose default browser again.

Sent from my mobile device

Nadsamsung

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
Ok thanks, will just use chrome app instead of default browser app and have replaced all screen internet short cuts with chrome ones.

I guess that is the only way around it...

Last edited:

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
In what way does the stock browser work differently than Chrome with the s pen?

A big one is hover scrolling; hover the S-Pen near edge of screen to scroll that direction (no other browser supports that function). I use it all the time. Then again I use the S-Pen all the time (instead of a finger); much more precise and keeps the screen clean. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hisoka_Ryuzaki