Any way to prevent default internet link popping up with Chrome link?

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Chrome is my default. Every time I click on a link to gives me a offer to choose one of the other and also to click always or just once.

If I click on always I get "Clear defaults" with cryptic instructions to "Clear default app settings by going to Settings>Applications>Default applications, and tapping Clear." That does nothing.

What am I not understanding?

It should be possible to go directly to Chrome and not have to take so many steps to get there from a link.

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
thanks...I couldn't find it at first but I scrolled to "All" applications and did a Force Stop and it worked!
I imagine if I reboot the phone the default Internet browser will be back, but it won't be a big deal to stop is again.
Thanks so much!

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Well...that didn't last long -clicked on a link in Facebook and the two options popped up again, even though the "Force Stop" is still in force.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
thanks...I couldn't find it at first but I scrolled to "All" applications and did a Force Stop and it worked!
I imagine if I reboot the phone the default Internet browser will be back, but it won't be a big deal to stop is again.
Thanks so much!
There is no disable button?

From an AOSP M8

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez