Note 4 Lollipop 5.0

AlfBriggs

May 19, 2014
Visit site
When is the Note 4 getting Lollipop? Should I update? I've heard S5 users are having lots of questions, hope it's not like KitKat to Note 3, everyone hated that.

barrettdaniel

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
Various threads here and all over the internet about this. Some say March before N4 gets lollipop. My understanding is that they may be working through an issue with VR and Lollipop compatibility.

AlfBriggs

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Why are they holding the update for VR? What about the 99.9% of us who don't need this part of the update just do it in a minor update.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Why are they holding the update for VR? What about the 99.9% of us who don't need this part of the update just do it in a minor update.

Samsung has been touting the VR and the Note 4 is the only phone that works with it - they'll never knowingly put out a Note 4 update that "breaks" it. It would be a PR disaster for it.

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
The Gear VR is great, if you have not fully experienced it then you don't know what you are missing, kind of like being blind from birth, well a lot like that. For a Gear VR user, it is worth the wait. Hurry up Samsung...

Rmedy21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I personally do not like the update for the S5. The only good thing about it is the keyboard. The keyboard has improved other than that I don't like it.

Amazing Verizon Galaxy Note 4

ajnevares

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Verizon Samsung Galaxy s5 got it so I get the note 4 isn't very far behind ?

...and I hope we can decline it. The gf has the s5 and told her NOT to update it. Sure, a small percentage may have experienced issues so far but our phones are working great as is, hate to risk having a device not work properly after dropping all this money on them lol

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
...and I hope we can decline it. The gf has the s5 and told her NOT to update it. Sure, a small percentage may have experienced issues so far but our phones are working great as is, hate to risk having a device not work properly after dropping all this money on them lol

I've updated all my android phones , tablets , iPads and iPhones on the first day I could and never had major issues really

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I had an s5 and I updated to lollipop. The entire phone slowed down completely. Got a note 4 now. Don't think I will update to lollipop when it comes out.

D Android

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Better the devil you know I suppose. When the phone works great as it does at the moment I see no point in updating just for the sake of it.

Dial square

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm really not that concerned about the update. I am on Verizon so I knew going in that any update would be more of a lucky coincidence than any purposeful intent on their part.
Most reviews make it seem like a "one step forward, two steps backwards" thing anyways, so I will continue enjoying my Note as-is since I have zero of the myriad problems plaguing everyone here.

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I am going with what Dial Square said. I have heard so much negativity about 5.0 I think I will just keep my Note 4 on 4.4.4 and enjoy a perfect, no issue device that does everything I want and need without issues.
I will wait until 5.1.1 or 5.2 maybe..

DMarie04

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
I just read this morning (think it was in AC) that the VR Gear is making its way to 100 Best Buy Stores throughout the US...IDK, hopefully that means the issue with that & the N4 has been solved??

As far as Lollipop goes, seems like there's an aweful lot of unhappy S5 campers out there. Although, I'm sure they're just as many (or more) without any major issues.
Just curious...does everyone update right away when a major update like this comes out or are there any users who wait a while for any initial issues to get worked out???

Posted From MY Next Big Thing!!

Thirst91

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I just read this morning (think it was in AC) that the VR Gear is making its way to 100 Best Buy Stores throughout the US...IDK, hopefully that means the issue with that & the N4 has been solved??

As far as Lollipop goes, seems like there's an aweful lot of unhappy S5 campers out there. Although, I'm sure they're just as many (or more) without any major issues.
Just curious...does everyone update right away when a major update like this comes out or are there any users who wait a while for any initial issues to get worked out???

Posted From MY Next Big Thing!!
I always wait after an update is released. I won't update my phone until Lollipop is out and stable.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers