Bluetooth Turning Off

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I have a Verizon Note 4. I have a problem with the Bluetooth turning off by itself. I use a G watch and an app to bypass the lockscreen. It happens randomly a couple times a week.

Anyone else have a similar problem? I may try a hard reset see if that fixes the problem.

plumcrazy

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
are you sure its the phone turning iit off ? or is it disconnecting ? my truck has done it a couple of times to me

BBGregBB

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I've also been having an issue where the bluetooth will no longer connect to my car. The only fix I've found for it so far is to delete the profile for my phone from my car and the car profile from my phone and pair them again. Sadly this only seems to fix the issue for a few days at most.

Anyone have any other suggestions to make this fix more permanent?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It is probably some app. I had the same problem and realized that the delayed lock app was turning off Bluetooth. I unchecked the option and no more problems. You need to find the app. If this is a recent problem, uninstall all recent apps.

If that doesn't work, look for any apps possibly related to bt.

If that still doesn't work, do a factory data reset, and don't install anything. If you still have problems then you probably have a defective phone,in which case call Verizon for a replacement

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
See attached

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1423151366267.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1423151366267.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 48

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
It is definitely turning off the Bluetooth. I actually have to toggle it back on.

I will check my apps and all the settings.

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
See attached

Which app is that? I am using Wear Unlock and see no option for that.

What ever out is it will turn off Bluetooth completely randomly. I will be walking down the street and my watch vibrates. It will say the phone is lost. I will briefly panic and then take my phone out of my pocket. The bluetooth will be turned off.

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
It is definitely turning off the Bluetooth. I actually have to toggle it back on.

I will check my apps and all the settings.
10376334ee8ca8a1a31c979b74389dbd.jpg

What ever out is it will turn off Bluetooth completely randomly. I will be walking down the street and my watch vibrates. It will say the phone is lost. I will briefly panic and then take my phone out of my pocket. The bluetooth will be turned off.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Delayed lock app. If it wasn't that app, then chances are it was some other app.

dankumm

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same problem very recently for my Verizon S5. Never an issue, then Lollipop update last week, and now exactly as you described. I'm on the hunt but anxious to hear any resolution coming from this thread. Thanks!

Scott Berfield

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
I have a T-Mobile LG G4 and since I switched to Marshmallow, I am getting the same thing. Bluetooth will be on for a while then I'll notice it is off again. It is incredibly frustrating since it keeps my smartwatch from being useful and confuses the heck out of my car. I am pretty sure Marshmallow has a randomizer built into the Bluetooth code :(

I have tried disabling every app I can think of that might be at fault and even did a full reset and restore from back up. Managed to get it to work again then it started up after only a few days.

Driving me crazy. I like everything else about this phone, but I NEVER had this issue with Windows or iOS phones. Anyone got ANY suggestions?

addictivbeauty

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
I am having the same issue with my LG V10 since I updated to Marshmallow. It will be connected to my car and after about 10 minutes my phone disconnects and Ill look at the phone and my bluetooth is toggled off. I turn it back on and my car connects right back to it. I have no idea what the issue is but it's driving me crazy. I tried clearing the apps cache and it didnt help. I also tried going into the battery optimization settings and setting it to ignore anything to do with bluetooth and that didn't help. I guess the next step is going to be doing a factory reset.

dtrinch13

May 19, 2016
Visit site
I have the exact same problem with my LG4. And my phone won't accept the update that it keeps trying to do either. Perhaps that will fix it? I see you posted this almost a month ago, do you still have this issue or did the update correct it?

radiatorn8

May 25, 2016
Visit site
My V10 does the exact same thing. I just got off the phone with my carrier obtaining my second warranty replacement. This didnt start until after the 6.0 software update. I have done a factory data reset after going through all the other steps (clearing cache, unpair all bluetooth devices, pair again one at a time and test to see if its a specific device, and so on) but nothing has an impact on the issue. After 8-10 minutes, bluetooth just toggles off, my headset (curiously I am using the newest LG Tone Platinum and the same thing happened when using my previous Tone Active...) or car or speaker just... drops off. I can turn bluetooth back on manually and reconnect but thats all. I did notice that it seems to happen over a short bit of time. The audio quality of bluetooth connections has seemed to deteriorate over the last two weeks or so, getting choppy or losing range. After that period of time it goes full into this mode of turning off ever 10 min. This is clearly a software or driver issue as everything works fine for a while and then goes bad in a predictable pattern. The bluetooth module in the device is the same as that in the G5 (my work phone) which does not have the same problem. While waiting for a replacement I will use my work phone more and not have this issue. It would be great if LG was a bit more in touch with customers and actually cared to send out some kind of expedited patch to those of us who have paid decent money for the device. LG is about as easy to reach as the top of a pyramid scheme, so I am not about to ship it off and be without a device for weeks. Im hoping that the replacement handset I get is newer than the one I have now. I believe (this is not a certainty, but close) that the firmware that ships on newer versions of the phone is updated as compared to the one I bought in November and on the replacement. So if I am lucky I will get a newer one and perhaps this will not recur.

DIGITALpH

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
I have the exact same problem with my LG4. And my phone won't accept the update that it keeps trying to do either. Perhaps that will fix it? I see you posted this almost a month ago, do you still have this issue or did the update correct it?

I just got an android watch, and now the bluetooth on my G4 keeps turning off. Glad I'm not the only one. 🙁

herosreturn

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
I'm having exact same problem. Using LG G3, never had problem before but over last few weeks bluetooth automatically switching off when paired with my car phone system. I can reconnect but only lasts a short time. Has anyone had a fix yet?

Zilba

Jul 23, 2016
Visit site
Hello,
exact same problem here with a LG G4 on Marshmallow.
I've tried:
- turning on and off with the battery removed for several minutes
- uninstalling some recently added app
- clearing the cash and data of the Bluetooth
- preventing battery optimization for the Bluetooth
- turning off my smartwatch, but the bluetooth still turns off after some time
None of these worked...

I am mainly connected to my Samsung Gear S2 watch. But have had it for more than 6 months without issues, and the problem have started about 2 weeks ago.
In my car, I am connected to to a Parrot MKi 9200, and it drives me crazy that I can't listen to my music for more than 10 minutes...

If anyone has a solution or a new trick I could try, it would be much appreciated.

brinb66

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
Same here, LG G4 with a pebble time.
the first time, a month ago, it happened after I installed pokemon go.
I resetted (wipe cache wipe data) and did not reinstall pokemon go. It was OK for 2 weeks and now it starts again, bluetooth is turning off on the phone.
I just have to reactivate and the watch reconnects again.

Zilba

Jul 23, 2016
Visit site
I had the problem for about two weeks with my LG G4.
Then, one morning the phone stopped booting up (LG screen, then black screen with blinking blue led, then black screen).
I went to LG online chat support and they told me to go to a repair shop.
In the end the guys there had to send my G4 back for 2 weeks to replace the motherboard.
They told me that the bluetooth problem is usually announcing the more global issue where it won't boot.
So if you have a LG G4 still under warranty, I suggest to contact LG support and check with them (and do a backup of your phone).

I now have my phone back, brand new motherboard (and battery) and everything is working fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non