Battery

Stein39

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
Is there anyway to test if your battery is faulty? I think mine has a problem. SoT ave 2-3hrs Idle time=3-6hrs and Screen eats the battery the most at 61%.

spotnjack

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
You'll probably see more replies advising you to clear your cache partition, as well as other ideas. But I have discovered that when my battery has a bad day, the first thing I do is simply pull the battery. Don't turn the phone off; just remove the back and then the battery, give it about 30 seconds and re-install the battery and power up the phone. The vast majority of the time this fixes whatever is going on. If you've recently installed a new app or two, you might consider uninstalling them and seeing if that helps. This is generally how I proceed, for starters; then moving along to other methods of troubleshooting. Good luck.

Edit: I forgot to ask: Has this been going on for a while, or did it recently start?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Chances of the battery being faulty is extremely slim.

There can be an app or something else wrong with the system that is causing battery drain though. Gsam is an excellent app for seeing what is using your battery

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm