Screen flicker

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone! I don't know if this article was discussed but I want to share my "problem" I noticed display flickering on full brightness on light backgrounds, is this a manufacturer defect or it's as is on galaxy note 4 ?? should I bring to service Centre or not ?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Can you describe the flickering, or maybe a video if possible? If it's on full-on sunlight, the screen does go into a 'stand out' mode, that makes color stand out and bright, white backgrounds 'repel' shadows (it's hard to explain, it's a tornasol-like effect, but it does help visibility). Maybe that's what you're seeing? But I don't think it flickers, just goes into full-on brightness and color exaggeration.

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for answer. I don't know exactly how to explain, when I set to full brightness at white background and look away forexample look at home button I see that screen flickers "flashes" I think it's frequency or manufacturer defect, I don't know if anybody else is experiencing this kind of problem, or its just an amoled display...

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
OK, I think I see what you 'see'. If I crank up my phone to full brightness, open a white image and look away, I can see a baaaaarely noticeable trace of a flicker. I mean, it's definitely there, but not something that would bother me or that is present when I look at the screen directly.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'd say it's not if it's not something that is TOO obvious. If the guy sitting next to you starts having seizures because of your screen flickering, then I'd say you're OK.

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
battery drains very fast at normal usage, I had Note II, Note 3 and I know battery stats and usage. at first place in battery is screen, I think that it is flicker "problem" don't know what to do, should I bring to service centre, I bought it 4days ago and already replaced firs Note 4

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't think the problem is the flickering more than it is that you have the display cranked all the way up to full brightness... You could bring the device to a store or service center and compare to something they have. If it's too noticeable on yours and not on another phone, then yeah, you might need to replace it.