Worried about buying a Note 4 on Swappa that may have camera issues!

SweetBerrys

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
So I was ready to buy a black Note 4 on Swappa when it hit me that I may receive a phone that has camera focusing and blurry issues. I've been following the various threads on this board, and others, regarding complaints about the camera. Currently have the iPhone 5s and am looking forward to going back to Android. I've played with it in the store and the camera seemed great. But buying the phone outright with out the ability to return it is worrying me. Anything I can do to ensure I get a good camera?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jayk82

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Got mine just over a week ago on Swappa, and I've had no issues with mine. Bought from a very well reviewed seller.

Sent via Tapatalk on my Surface Pro 3

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Does the listing indicate a camera problem, or would you just have the same concern with a new one too?

It is true that with swappa there are no returns if there isn't a defect, and you'd have a hard time proving that a blurry camera is a defect worth returning for...

But in general, the only known "issue" with the note 4 camera is with extreme close-up shots. I'd say that it is just the limitations of the hardware. It is designed that way because with a 16 mp camera, a pic taken from 2 feet away can be cropped with amazing detail, essentially making a macro shot.

So long story short, it is an amazing camera. I am just blown away by the pictures it takes. You will be too. Every major review says it is on par with the iPhone, which is the undisputed leader of cellphone cameras.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

jayk82

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
No, I did not. But I was thorough on trying to select a buyer within the range I was looking to spend who was very reputable.

Sent by my Note 4 on Tapatalk

tmpangan

May 7, 2015
Visit site
be very careful in buying on swappa. there are shrewd and liars sellers too. don't know why the swappa can not control that? i was a victim. bought a phone that works for a few days and then it just "died". went back to the seller to ask for his name and address so i can send it back (( because i alreaday throw the package w/ his name and address on it) but no reply for a few days. so i email swappa and thats when he said .. no its working blah blah blah. i was not able to return the unit since i just gave it as a gift to a relative and went back to their home state without talking to me anymore. i guess she is mad because i gave a dead, not usable unit. so embarrassing. lesson learned. so, be very careful with swappa.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
be very careful in buying on swappa. there are shrewd and liars sellers too. don't know why the swappa can not control that? i was a victim. bought a phone that works for a few days and then it just "died". went back to the seller to ask for his name and address so i can send it back (( because i alreaday throw the package w/ his name and address on it) but no reply for a few days. so i email swappa and thats when he said .. no its working blah blah blah. i was not able to return the unit since i just gave it as a gift to a relative and went back to their home state without talking to me anymore. i guess she is mad because i gave a dead, not usable unit. so embarrassing. lesson learned. so, be very careful with swappa.

you can dispute stuff through paypal for up to 180 days.

Anyways, my biggest concern on swappa is the huge number of people that are clearly reselling refurbrished phones. Someone named "PhoneFixitGuy" isn't selling his personal gently used phone...its a busted phone from ebay or a repair shop that had a shattered screen or some other damage that was quickly fixed by them. Are the replacement parts OEM or cheap knockoffs? No way to know for sure.

roaduardo1

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
Thanks all! I feel better about my purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whenever possible try and buy from places like Best Buy or your carrier. You're assured more reliability with a device. Places like swappa are not bad but it's a more of a dice roll compared to more established places.

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
There is a great post about recognizing counterfeit as well. I also thought there was an issue with some of the very first note 4's that came out that did have actual camera problems, but that was remedied shortly thereafter. I would be very very careful. Actually, I would not buy a phone from them, because proving that something is wrong with the camera will be very difficult... Don't. .. Do... It... :)

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I buy and sell on Swappa quite a bit. Use the feedback system and common sense. I don't buy from someone without good feedback. They need to have more than just a couple sales. I also don't buy from the refirb sellers either. If you do those things you should be good. PayPal is also helpful if you do have an issue. I have never had to go that route but it's good have available.

Sent from my Note 4

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
If you are going with a contract upgrade with your carrier, you can get it for $199 from Sam's and Amazon and even Best Buy had them for $199 a couple of weeks ago.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams