Device or memory card??

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Just wondering, do you move your apps to your memory card or keep them on your phone? Any vendors of moving them to the memory card???

Sent from my beautiful white NOTE 4!!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Most apps won't run properly from the SD card. Those that do, and constantly write data to their own folder are constantly writing to the card, which isn't designed for that, so the card will fail sooner. (Solid state "memory" designed to be used as a hard drive changes the location of writes so the same spot doesn't keep being written to - among other methods of making it last longer.)

The only advantage is freeing up internal storage. If you start with phone that has enough internal storage for your needs, you can use the card for what it was intended for, data storage - pictures, music, videos, etc. It'll last longer.

calebleesdad

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Most apps won't run properly from the SD card. Those that do, and constantly write data to their own folder are constantly writing to the card, which isn't designed for that, so the card will fail sooner. (Solid state "memory" designed to be used as a hard drive changes the location of writes so the same spot doesn't keep being written to - among other methods of making it last longer.)

The only advantage is freeing up internal storage. If you start with phone that has enough internal storage for your needs, you can use the card for what it was intended for, data storage - pictures, music, videos, etc. It'll last longer.

Thanks for this bit of info. I keep music and videos on my SD card. Haven't captured many photos yet but will likely store on card as well. The games I play rarely also stored there. Will see if there is any noticible performance issues with the games when I play.

Posted via the Android Central App