Call quality on the Note 4

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I think that's good that you don't hear a lot about it. People usually post when things are bad, not good.

I don't have any issues with mine (Verizon), and people on the other end have no complaints. Not directly related to call quality, but when I have sunglasses on and hold the phone up to my ear, the arm of the glasses keeps the phone away from my ear because of the width of the phone. Not a big deal but annoying sometimes.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
My call quality is great im in an area with strong verizon signal, so the connection is good. Good loud sound and everyone seems to hear me ok even when the speakerphone is on and im driving. I actually quit using my old bluetooth speaker because the volume of the speaker on the 4 is much louder than the note 2 and 3.

Verizon Note4 w/ Tech 21 case

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I have T-Mobile. There are times when I call someone and the sound is crystal clear and other times when it's a normal call, not bad but not crystal clear. I'm not sure if the crystal clear ones are also on T-Mobile or if they are using WiFi calling but it just sounds amazing. To be fair, I also experienced the same thing on my iPhone 5S.

qbnkelt

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Call quality is excellent. I've got an SGS5 issued through work and the Note 4 is much much better.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Call quality on all my recent phones, Note 4 included, has been good enough to just take for granted and not even consider.

from the 🔪 Edge📱

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Call quality on all my recent phones, Note 4 included, has been good enough to just take for granted and not even consider.

from the ?????? Edge??????

I think this is about as accurate of an answer as you can get.

The Note 4 is as good as any other Galaxy device I've ever owned, and in some respects it is very much improved. They've all been very good phones from a call quality perspective.

The only major difference with the Note 4 over my S4 is positioning the phone if I am not using a headset or earbuds. If I am holding the phone up to my ear, due to its size, I have to make sure I hold it at a particular angle or the mic doesn't pick up my voice well. (According to the feedback from my wife). With earbuds or Bluetooth in my car, however, it is one of the best phones I've ever had.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Call quality is good, even in underground parking structure. Way better than my Motorola phones.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I have T-Mobile. There are times when I call someone and the sound is crystal clear and other times when it's a normal call, not bad but not crystal clear. I'm not sure if the crystal clear ones are also on T-Mobile or if they are using WiFi calling but it just sounds amazing. To be fair, I also experienced the same thing on my iPhone 5S.

You have good coverage with T-mobile where u r @ ??

BoiseBroker

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
Signal strength is currently worse than Note 2 on Sprint throughout the Boise area.

I called to complain today and Sprint suggested I change settings to not use LTE (which will put data back to 3G) to improve phone reception. I am looking for a better solution.

Brian W1

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I have had the S3,S4,S5,Note3,iPhone 4s,iPhone 5s and now have had the Note 4 for about 2 months. I love this phone. At my house Verizon is kinda weak. The Note 3, S3, and S4 were not good inside my house at all. They would work, but some days they'd drop calls, or break up. The reception of the 2 I Phones was great as was the S5. The Note 4 is as good or better than all of them. Places I used to drop calls, the Note 4 doesn't even break up. It seems to me Samsung listened and fixed the weak signal and weak speaker of the Note 3 on the N4. I am very happy with it and plan on keeping it. I know that's not really call quality, but thought it was an important (NOTE)...lol

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I have had the S3,S4,S5,Note3,iPhone 4s,iPhone 5s and now have had the Note 4 for about 2 months. I love this phone. At my house Verizon is kinda weak. The Note 3, S3, and S4 were not good inside my house at all. They would work, but some days they'd drop calls, or break up. The reception of the 2 I Phones was great as was the S5. The Note 4 is as good or better than all of them. Places I used to drop calls, the Note 4 doesn't even break up. It seems to me Samsung listened and fixed the weak signal and weak speaker of the Note 3 on the N4. I am very happy with it and plan on keeping it. I know that's not really call quality, but thought it was an important (NOTE)...lol

Weak verizon reception in YOUR HOUSE? ur home made out of lead walls or something? lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084