Why does my Google Play store keep crashing (Sprint Note 4)?

yo0123yoyo

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Google Play Store Keeps Crashing - Sprint Note 4

I have a Sprint Note 4 which is rooted and yesterday I downloaded [inappropriate app removed by Moderator] and the Modded Google Play Store to replace my stock Google Play Store. So through Titanium, I backed up the stock Google Play Store and then I uninstalled it, since the Modded Google Play Store would not let me install it without doing that. I also cleared the cache and data on Google Play Store and now it just keeps crashing all the time. When I try to download something, it starts to download and then immediately it crashes and gives me the "Unfortunately, Play Store has stopped working" error. I get the error no matter which version of Play Store I use now, whether it is the modded or the official version. I tried clearing data/cache to Google Play Services as well, to no avail. When I try to restore my backup of Google Play Store through Titanium it stays frozen with "Restoring Google Play Store 5.1.11" and I end up having to force stop Titanium. This is so annoying! What can I do? Thanks so much in advance!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Google Play Store Keeps Crashing - Sprint Note 4

You might need to consider reflashing the stock ROM in order to fix everything.

yo0123yoyo

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site

You might need to consider reflashing the stock ROM in order to fix everything.

I just force closed Play Store and Google services framework and cleared their data and cache. Also, I cleared the data for Google play services and now when I run Play Store it doesn't crash, instead it is says " Check your internet connection and try again" It seems as if it isn't recognizing that I actually do have a connection? I heard that if you go to the files on the phone to "etc/hosts" file and put a "#" in front of the second IP address in the hosts file that it will work but I just tried that and it didn't so I reverted the file back

yo0123yoyo

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site

Also I tried going to settings>accounts and removing my Google accounts and re adding them but Play store still says I have no connection (which I clearly do). I made sure my date/time settings are right as well. This is happening with the modded play store and the official 5.2.12 Play Store.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

If you go to Settings>apps>menu, you should see an option to reset app preferences. See if that works.